1994 Rocky Mountain Altitude

Great build Blizz!

I have a 94 Altitude of my own waiting for a refresh, though in much rougher condition -- needs a full respray and I don't have the full salmon parts kit, just the headset, so I will either need to powder coat or anodize my replacements. I'll also need to have a new set of decals made up, I may hit you up for a couple of photos if you're game, last time I checked Gil didn't have the 94 on file.

Cheers, Ted

Re:

I'm keen to find an Altitude in red and yellow, size XL, if anyone has a lead

SEANSTEPHENS":1uovmzqz said:
very subtle looking, i like :cool:
Thanks! :)

ted andkilde":1uovmzqz said:
Great build Blizz!

I have a 94 Altitude of my own waiting for a refresh, though in much rougher condition -- needs a full respray and I don't have the full salmon parts kit, just the headset, so I will either need to powder coat or anodize my replacements. I'll also need to have a new set of decals made up, I may hit you up for a couple of photos if you're game, last time I checked Gil didn't have the 94 on file.

Cheers, Ted
I think this bike would also look good with black Raceface cranks/headset if you can't find anymore salmon red parts. I'm happy to provide more photos of the altitude decals. For 1994 the Rocky logo was a different colour. They used grey instead of yellow.

Attachments

• 94RockyLogo.jpg
    94RockyLogo.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 405
Re: Re:

BC":1yut64rv said:
I'm keen to find an Altitude in red and yellow, size XL, if anyone has a lead
I had this one for a while...but it went to sgommy in Edmonton a couple years ago. I'm not sure if he ended up restoring it.
It was a 21.5" and was in rough shape. The previous owner scraped the decals off with something very abrasive! :facepalm:

Attachments

• 92AltitudeXL.jpg
    92AltitudeXL.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 404
Re: Re:

RockiMtn":2hlj485u said:
it would have to be something very abrassive as the decals are clearcoated over.

Really? I guess they did for this year and this model? I've never seen another Rocky that did the clear over decals...they all scrape off pretty easy on me every time you lock them to a lampost or bike rack.

Blizz":2hlj485u said:
I had this one for a while...but it went to sgommy in Edmonton a couple years ago. I'm not sure if he ended up restoring it.
It was a 21.5" and was in rough shape. The previous owner scraped the decals off with something very abrasive! :facepalm:

That would be perfect! Thanks Blizz! I guess I do an user name search? It's exactly what I want to accomplish my dream of matching Altitudes for my daughter and I :) I found this little 20" kids bike that a frame builder at Rocky made for the accountant's son

26952501361_08ff120131_b.jpg

Back