1994 Rocky Mountain Altitude

Finally an update! :)
I ended up doing some paint touch up in areas mainly on the stays and bottom bracket area to protect the frame. It's not perfect, but looks better than before. Also got some Syncros parts to accompany the RaceFace cranks/headset. Now just need to add a bit of XTR parts and build wheels...and will be finished hopefully by Spring!

Attachments

• 94Altitude_4.jpg
    94Altitude_4.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 688
  • 94Altitude_3.jpg
    94Altitude_3.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 688
  • 94Altitude_2.jpg
    94Altitude_2.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 688
  • 94Altitude_1.jpg
    94Altitude_1.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 688
  • 94Altitude_5.jpg
    94Altitude_5.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 688
Re:

Looking good. I like that colour better than the red/yellow and maroon/green(?) mix.

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":1k1gf77c said:
jimi911":1k1gf77c said:
Looking good. I like that colour better than the red/yellow and maroon/green(?) mix.
Get out ----> The door is over there ---->
:LOL:
Red/Yellow is CLASSIC Rocky Mountain!
This 94 is a unique colour combo which I like, but I still prefer the Altitude in team colours.

...Almost finished this one, I just need to finish building some wheels. :D

Re: Re:

captaincosmic":2t6me7sp said:
Did the '94 come with 28h front 32h rear like the '93 ?
The previous owner kept the original Hugi wheelset that came stock on this bike so I'm not sure what they were, but the catalogue says 32H.
The XTR wheels that I got with this bike are both 32H...they were laced onto newer mavic x517 rims, so I am switching to some mavic 231's or similar vintage Ritchey rims.

Re:

That makes life a lot simpler then.

I had to first find a 28 /32h XTR M900 hubset then Mavic 231 rims to match...the 28h rim was a tricky one. Then the spokes were double butted and a finer gauge than normal !

Are you going to make your own wheels ? It's quite easy once you get the hang of it ,you just need some old forks to use as a truing stand and two stacks of books to check the dishing.

simplest would be finding an 93 altitude with the original 28/32h wheelset…

like i did. :D

Back