1994 mountain cycle san andreas - update 28th april

enid_puceflange":13l86pyy said:
Forks??
what have you got / planned for the front end dude??
:cool: :cool:

Gc

its coming with 100mm bombers in brushed aluminium like the frame, so will see what these are like.

xizang":386kjsck said:
This the one on e-bay :?: It's definitely a looker.

As mentioned above, I too liked Smiffs San-an in MBUK. It was totally different from anything I'd ever seen at the time. His had a sliding shock mount iirc.

yeah it was on ebay briefly :LOL:

anyine got pics of smiffs old san an?

saltyman":s4h0gyyk said:
enid_puceflange":s4h0gyyk said:
Forks??

Gc

its coming with 100mm bombers in brushed aluminium like the frame, so will see what these are like.

WOW :shock: :shock:
You got a cracking deal there , was that all included in the b.i.n price??

G

enid_puceflange":3ppj38q8 said:
saltyman":3ppj38q8 said:
enid_puceflange":3ppj38q8 said:
Forks??

Gc

WOW :shock: :shock:
You got a cracking deal there , was that all included in the b.i.n price??

G

yeah, he wanted just £25 for the forks, and is even servicing them first. i had to pay an extra £10 to cover postage/paypal costs and job done they were mine before he had to sell them, well pleased :D

well i wasnt smug last night when i had to wine and dine the wife in order for her not to go mental after buying bike no5 in 3 months........might aswell of added that £100 on my bike :LOL:

worth it all the same though ;)

mrsavory":cvsj5giu said:
Nice i see this one has rear post mounts for you this time m8 save you a job
in getting them, have you planed your build yet?

yeah, hoping i get my brake adaptor for my other sannie this week.

build wise i have a look in my head, going to build it with higher spec parts than my other too, as this needs to be a classy build.

red chris king aheadset and also red ringle stem and moby post on the cards......full XTR prehaps.

yeah baby.........shes home :p :twisted: :cool:

24022010480.jpg

24022010481.jpg

forks look great, so will be using them on the build........

comparison showing the tubular seat tubing differences on the early (silver) san andreas compared with the pressed one on the later edition.

24022010482.jpg

24022010483.jpg

got some wheels to go on for now, looking for a red chris king aheadset in 1 1/8.

secured red ringle skewers.

thinking maybe full XTR, or race face cranks. ringle stem and post.

modern discs will be a going on, wont be sticking v brakes on this im pretty sure anyways.

nice! can i ask whats the crucial difference between the frames, i.e. you said one has 8'' travel and the other 4'', is the exact same frame just with different shock? or are the frames built with different angles?

main down tube and swingarm are the same, shocks are different both standard shocks at the moment, just yellow one has 8'' travel front forks and the silver one has 4'' travel front forks.

the silver one is older and has the tubular seat frame, newer version (yellow one) has a pressed frame for the seatpost frame.

these are the main parts that vary over the years, bar the rear disc mounts that went to IS standard around 2001 onwards.....so later ones had no need for the prostop to IS brake adaptor.

Back