Sold 2006 Mountain Cycle San Andreas DNA

I can see and understand how you prefer the pre-kinesis models. Maybe they feel more original or pure to you?

I feel much the same way about Kestrel for example after it was taken over, much preferring the older frames.
I am not interested in any of their models since, they went way downhill IMHO.

However, from my own design perspective, I like the newer Mountain Cycle frames much more than the originals.
The originals, while iconic, are still quite... raw.

What I am saying is that because of Kinesis, I have come to appreciate mountain cycle more than ever (including the originals).
It should never have gone out of business, I don't understand it. Some of the most recognisable bikes of all time I'd say.
If you bought the US magazines like mountain bike action, they were in there being advertised even before duallies became mainstream.
It's quite an amazing story really.

Yet look at this masterpiece you have! It's really quite beautiful, more refined. I didn't realise the downtube was like that.

I have the Shockwave 9.5. Got it before they went kaput. I like the look of it more than the original mk 1 version.

Whatever happened to the Shockwave 2? Do you know?
Still, I like the one I have as it more reminiscent of the original model.

I also had three fury models, S, M and L, to use as rental bikes (they were alright with an air shock). Super durable.

The thing with the shockwave is that it's from the DH era with high bottom brackets.
I bought an offset bushing kit for it to lower it a bit.
Read somewhere about getting a shorter shock, but that created its own issues (very slack seat tube angle).
So I sold the original fox vanilla shock and am going to put something more modern on it instead.😁
Anyway I don't want to hijack your thread...

You are not hijacking whatever.

I really do like the discussion around perspective. I do agree the later models are more refined and, truthfully, better riding bikes. The geometry changes did that. Also the ability to install late model brakes and such, much nicer.

Yes, the Shockwave is outstanding.
I have a line on a 9.5.

A Dorado MRD DH would be perfect. They look great also with the carbon fiber. I have one waiting for something.

The Shockwave 2 was never produced, unfortunately.

Back