1994 Fat Chance "Sapphire Fade from the bottom up"

Nice, again! I really hated those big chrome pedals that you had on there. :p How come you're not using the painted to match cranks?

Also wanted to commend the painter. it's really hard to match old paint and your painter is really fantastic. Do you know what kind of paint s/he used? Imron? Very impressive (both the painter and you).

Thanks to all for the feedback. Of course the red pulleys will have to go in the end. The blue cranks were just to much in the end and i like the M900 much better now.

And there also will be another saddle be added instead of the Avocet. The skin wall thing was just a trial as i had the wheel set standing around and wanted to see how it looks. Blackwalls are still my No1 choice, just haven't found the right pair of Ritcheys in good condition.

BB is an original UN91 in 107mm. Fits perfectly. Regarding the paints i am not sure what he used but it took him a few months to figure out the perfect match to the frame.

The only thing i am currently re-considering is to replace the purple stem with a black Salsa, but that remains to be seen.

Best

Moritz

Re:

Had to get it rolling, so the pulleys are still on until i find a suitable replacement and there are some cable housings i will have to change as well. And of course, i need some decent Ritchey Megabite Blackwalls (if someone has a new or newish pair?) to make it complete.

Riding on it is just awesome....so quick!

large_Foto.JPG

Spec. List:

1994 Fat Chance Yo Eddy "Sapphire Fade from the Bottom Up" (Size M/L)
Stem: Nitto Roller Stem
Headset: Chris King No Logo Threaded
Bar: Fat City Cycles
Grips: Ritchey True Grips
Shifters: XTR-900
Brakes: XTR-900
Crankset: XTR-900 w/ SG-X Chainrings
Front and Rear Mech: XTR-900
Pedals: Suntour XC Pro
BB: Shimano BB-UN91
Hubs: XTR-900
Rims: Mavic 231
QRs: XT (soon to be XTR-900)
Tires: Ritchey Megabite Z-Max (need a new pair!!!)
Seatpost: Syncros
Seat Clamp: Fat Chance
Saddle: Selle Italia Turbo Lite

Best Regards

Moritz

Re:

superb Moritz, really stunning Yo :cool:

...but I must say, Skinwalls had made it much looser.

Re:

You were right, much better now....loving it and looks like i just picked it up from the shop!

large_Foto.JPG

Best

Moritz

Re:

WOW Moritz,

That looks way better with the skinwall's !

Absolutely stunning what you achieved there.
I would vote it BOTM straight away ;-)

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
Jeroen

Back