1994 Fat Chance Buckshaver

Re:

Prodigal Son":2b9ijuj5 said:
jinjrich":2b9ijuj5 said:
M-Power":2b9ijuj5 said:
You could experiment with a CK/Cane Creek crown race extender upto 10mm to slacken the effective front head angle ( ~ 1deg slacker ) This will reduce the twitchiness you speak off. Its a 94 so definitely sus corrected. You can get aheadset Flex-stems but they are not as common as the quill version.

I've spent ages looking for crown race extender this morning.. seems they are pretty rare!
Weighed the f7 fork, a respectable 862g!

Your frame has a 1in headset. Did CK even made those things in that standard?

I dont think so from my searches this morning. I think the difference it would make would be tiny anyway. It doesnt ride badly with the F7, just different, and not really what I'm used to.

Re: Re:

jinjrich":162j2pn9 said:
M-Power":162j2pn9 said:
You could experiment with a CK/Cane Creek crown race extender upto 10mm to slacken the effective front head angle ( ~ 1deg slacker ) This will reduce the twitchiness you speak off. Its a 94 so definitely sus corrected. You can get aheadset Flex-stems but they are not as common as the quill version.

I've spent ages looking for crown race extender this morning.. seems they are pretty rare!
Weighed the f7 fork, a respectable 862g!

They are rare for sure. Pretty sure I had a CK 1in 5mm extended plate on a bike I sold a few years ago. It was on a Pace RC 31 fork iirc. I have a few CK 10mm ones for 1 1/8th steerer and they work really well - like in the pic. It will probably just get some getting use to. You could keep an eye out for a A-C 425mm fork but that could get spendy.

Attachments

• CFB4BD38-ABDB-419D-864B-260D95CD6AE7.png
    CFB4BD38-ABDB-419D-864B-260D95CD6AE7.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 80
Back