1994 Fat Chance Buckshaver

jinjrich":2riuhyg1 said:
Had a little play today. Spot the difference(s)

y5co7hd.jpg

Rigid is fun. Nice stem btw.

Prodigal Son":1bn73ruy said:
jinjrich":1bn73ruy said:
Had a little play today. Spot the difference(s)

y5co7hd.jpg

Rigid is fun. Nice stem btw.

Yeah it handled really nice this evening. Definitely more sting in the front but not too bad. Z2s back on tomorrow and a mini restoration begins on the F7s.

Just got the stem. Its ace :D

Re:

Im a sucker for a BOI but those P7 forks look great, a bit like the Tange Segmented forks that were made under license by FAT CITY. The Tange efforts were crazy heavy and not that nice to ride and I got rid of mine. They get a bad rep by some but try a flex stem on it with the riser bars. It will take out 90% of the ‘trail sting’ and wont change the bike geo/handling at all.

It looks good doesnt it?

Its surprisingly light too. I'll weigh it when it comes off again for paint. I thought flex stems only came in quill versions?

Re:

It look ace Rich.

I thought of P7 forks as, like M-Power says, they look a bit like the segmented Tange Struts they were fitted with bitd. I was put off the idea as I was told (by M-Power I think) that all Buck Shavers were built with susp geo so would need a 410-415mm rigid fork. I didn’t look in to it too much so could be wrong.

I have to say after a second ride this afternoon, the steering is razor sharp, almost too much so. I think I prefer the Z2's, but it's fun to experiment and I'll keep and re condition the orange forks for the future. It's a great fork though, really well put together and not at all heavy. Loads of tyre clearance too.

The BOIs had less rake; i.5 rather than the usual 1.75in unicrown and it´s supposed to give a steady and less twitchy feeling. Bombers are very nice but unless i am going fast over choppy bumpy stuff rigid is more fun.

Re:

You could experiment with a CK/Cane Creek crown race extender upto 10mm to slacken the effective front head angle ( ~ 1deg slacker ) This will reduce the twitchiness you speak off. Its a 94 so definitely sus corrected. You can get aheadset Flex-stems but they are not as common as the quill version.

Re: Re:

M-Power":89mx1si9 said:
You could experiment with a CK/Cane Creek crown race extender upto 10mm to slacken the effective front head angle ( ~ 1deg slacker ) This will reduce the twitchiness you speak off. Its a 94 so definitely sus corrected. You can get aheadset Flex-stems but they are not as common as the quill version.

I've spent ages looking for crown race extender this morning.. seems they are pretty rare!
Weighed the f7 fork, a respectable 862g!

Re: Re:

jinjrich":3l2f0qin said:
M-Power":3l2f0qin said:

I've spent ages looking for crown race extender this morning.. seems they are pretty rare!
Weighed the f7 fork, a respectable 862g!

Your frame has a 1in headset. Did CK even made those things in that standard?

Back