1994 Brodie Expresso

raidan73":33sf4han said:
It’s looking great Mark :cool:

An eXpresso is the one Brodie mtb model (in my era of interest anyway) that I haven’t ridden. I should probably try and add one to the collection at some point.

Cheers Adrian.

I would be interested to know how it compares to your other bikes. BTW do you know what tubesets were used on the various models?

Brodie usually used some custom speced Tange tubing. As far as I know, the Expresso is based on Prestige tubing ... You can check the catalogues, there should be some information (as well as in his book).

Cheers, Marco

Just started restoring my eXpresso, getting some ideas from this thread. Ran into Paul at a bike swap meet yesterday, he's doing well in spite of throwing his Excelsior down the road. Picked up a copy of his book as well.

vtwinvince":26354733 said:
Just started restoring my eXpresso, getting some ideas from this thread. Ran into Paul at a bike swap meet yesterday, he's doing well in spite of throwing his Excelsior down the road. Picked up a copy of his book as well.

Obviously some pics would be much appreciated :) You should start a build thread, would be great to see it.

Mark

Re:

Here is a crappy pic, serial number 3202, more or less original except for some Syncros bits. I'll probably swap a few more things around, but it is a lovely bike.

Attachments

• brodie.JPG
    brodie.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 657
:cool: i really like the colour of that, looks in good condition too.

Was going to change the forks over a while ago but realised i had ahead and the forks were threaded 🤦 so didnt bother for a while until i recently recieved an XT headset off Matt, cheers mate :cool: P1011871.JPG

Last edited:
So, rode this at the last Mayhem, the only thing that let it down, apart from the pilot of course, was the forks. They just didnt compliment the frame in any way whatsoever, in fact they hindered my progress.

When i discovered a pair of RC30's i had were a similar colour i decided to try them instead. I like fully rigid bikes, and i know the bike will be a lot easier to handle rigid compared to the forks that were on it. The bars on the set up will be changed for the ones on the Kilauea as they are wider and also adding some bar ends. While the risers that were on it did make for a slightly comfier riding position the seemed to unbalance the bike a bit, the straighter bars will put more weight back on the front and should be better.

Just waiting for some grips, then sort the front brake cable, change the bars and the wheelset as the front spokes rub on the fork dropouts, then should be good to go and at least i will have 1 bike built for Mayhem. P1011877.JPG P1011875.JPG P1011872.JPG

Last edited:
Definitely a step in the right direction, Rigid Rules!

And a Syncros-free Brodie is always the right choice... :)

Back