1994 Brodie Expresso

Back from Mountain Mayhem.

Just a couple of shots and a quick review of how she coped.

As you probaby know i really like the ride and feel of this frame and when put onto a bit more demanding terrain she coped without any suprises or negatives. The only thing that distracted from the ride was the fork. I think it could have done with a bit more air as bottomed out too often and considering the course was bumpy for most of the time it made keeping speed up a real chore. Perfectly stabe on the downhills, i was able to ride them fast without having to worry about what the frame was doing. The uphills, what i rode of them, were fine too, only let down by the pilot.

So, would i change anything if i rode the course again, only the forks, i think some rigid ones would be a great match for the frame. Apart from that this bike is still one of my favourite bikes i have ridden. P1011464 (Medium).JPG P1011458 (Medium).JPG P1011463 (Medium).JPG P1011455 (Medium).JPG MM '19 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
Re:

It's a fine looking machine too and very capable for a mid range model. Personally I'd lower the saddle nose and stick on some Z2s or RC36s rather than go rigid.

Thanks al.

I keep saying that about its ride considering where it is in the line up. Hopefully i will get to ride some of the top end models one day.

As for the saddle, its just something ive grown up with, i guess coming from bmx, another reason im fond of Kona shaped bikes i guess. If i have the saddle tipping forward or even flat i really notice it, or my arse does, and i just cant sit into the bike so much.

I think with the frame not being super flexy a rigid fork would suit it well. I have a set of RC30's to try but not having ridden them before i dont know how much flex they have. A pair of project 2's might be an option but they have slightly more flex than the frame so not sure, maybe the non TB version may be ok.

Here you go. The very frame with a RC30. Cool that you actually raced the Expresso. Paul would be proud :) And from my experience riding the RCs, they a pretty stiff...

caemis":zi9x580e said:
Cool that you actually raced the Expresso. Paul would be proud :)

Thanks Marco, i hope your keeping well.

And i think it would be more accurate to say it was ridden during a race :LOL:

Mark

Re: Re:

bluetomgold":2g6jo9nx said:
This is a lovely looking ride.

I want a red bike now. It's been a while.

Cheers, and red is deffinatly faster :)

It’s looking great Mark :cool:

An eXpresso is the one Brodie mtb model (in my era of interest anyway) that I haven’t ridden. I should probably try and add one to the collection at some point.

Back