1994 Brodie Expresso

mk one":nnlnmgdw said:
:D Managed to find time to tweak and give the bike a shakedown.

Had a few glitches pre ride, the headset had a very small bit of play in, and though i re-tightened it i just couldn't get the play out. Took me a few minutes to work out the steerer was spinning :facepalm: Obviously i check all bolts before going out but hadn't got to the ones in the fork crown, problem sorted. Then for some reason the pads had gone out of alignment with the rims from when i last rode it :? it wasnt until i had it all re-adjusted and wheeling it out the door i noticed it was a different wheel set than i had been using. I was going to swap them back but thought i would just ride it as is, similar wheels anyway, and these had nos Z max on so bonus :)

I have to say, the bike rode sweet anyway, truly race orientated, but was so much more suited to rigid forks, it flew :cool: The steering was a lot sharper, the bike felt so much more balanced, absolutely nothing unexpected, whether blasting rooty singletrack, climbing, or out the saddle giving it some.Usually going from front suspension to rigid makes the front really light and come up alot, this is just planted and like i already said, perfectly balanced. I may have to change the bars back to the x-lite risers i had on, or put some bar ends on for the out the saddle climbs, not sure yet.

Even better than it was, and actually ready in time for next years Mayhem :LOL: :cool:

You might want to trim your gear cable ;)

She looks rapid and a lot of fun (with SPDs on :LOL: )

al-onestare":qoezfym0 said:
You might want to trim your gear cable ;)

She looks rapid and a lot of fun (with SPDs on :LOL: )

:LOL: always good to have spare cable.

I haven't rode clips since 90's, though i have actually been thinking about using them on a couple of bikes recently, and i also found my original Ritchey SPD's and Shimano shoes the other week :)

Out with the sun, so out with the fun :cool:

Quick dust off and find some pedals, not going to MM this year either so as its built i may as well use it. 20210323_133014a.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Re:

Magpiegifts":2esrrow4 said:
That's one fine looking Brodie :cool: it just looks right with the rigid forks on

Thanks.

They happened to be a close match colour wise, though i think it would be better suited ride wise, with a pair of P2's, colour matched also of course :)

Looking good Mark. Looks like a proper rider :cool:

raidan73":3mkk59gd said:
Looking good Mark. Looks like a proper rider :cool:

Cheers Adrian. Slightly different spec to what i rode at last Mayhem, feels a lot lighter now with rigids, the Mag 21's though colour matched and visually suited to the build, were just too bone jarring when riding fast through sections, they ate what travel they had really quick and then were just solid, made for hard work. On the look out for some TB P2's which will suit the frame and allow it to go fast, which it was designed to do.

Back