1994 Brodie Expresso

Re: Re:

michael franks":22rcbq9l said:
Great build Mark. A bike that looks that good can't possibly ride badly. Looking forward to hearing about the first ride :cool:

Cheers Mike, really looking forward to riding it, well, riding anything at the moment, what with school holidays and the weather i havent been out for a while :LOL:

Mark

cherrybomb":2n2yhdsi said:
That's gone together really nicely, and a usable build spec too. 737/9 is probably my favourite groupset, XTR quality but without the associated fragility. :cool:

Thanks mate :)

I really like the 737 group for riding too, really well made. The fact i had a full set and its from '94 means it was an easy choice really. The only thing i dont like about it though, is the shape of the cranks, dont know why but never really liked them, usually sell them on and use an aftermarket one, but the only one i had spare didnt really look right on the bike so went with it for this, as its going to be a rider :)

Mark

Re: 1994 Brodie Expresso - finished

A few more pics from the other day P1011233 (Medium).JPG P1011236 (Medium).JPG P1011230 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:

Looks great Mark. The colour matched fork legs really tie things together

This sums up 90's mountain biking for me - solid build, fun geometry, bit of bounce... yup, I'd love to spend a few hours in the hills, nipping up and down single track/fire track with this one :D

Re:

Hi Mark.

Good to meet you the other day and thanks for the Rocky Mountain... :D Who knows, it may up pictured on here one day.

Just wanted to say this is a sweet looking bike - and even better in real life. Good call on the Syncros kit - it looks fab!

All the best

Andy

KondratievsBike":mfsl75yd said:
Hi Mark.

Good to meet you the other day and thanks for the Rocky Mountain... :D Who knows, it may up pictured on here one day.

Just wanted to say this is a sweet looking bike - and even better in real life. Good call on the Syncros kit - it looks fab!

All the best

Andy

Hi Andy

Glad you got in touch as i had forgot your username :LOL:

Will pm you as wanting to pick your brains about a road bike ive been looking at :)

Glad you liked the Brodie, its hard not to though and as you know, it looks even better in person.

Will talk to you soon

Mark

raidan73":ejouxei5 said:
Looks great Mark. The colour matched fork legs really tie things together

Cheers Adrian, got a pair of RC30's in the same red i was thinking of using, but the Mags work ok so will stay on for now.

dongward":1nmufgd0 said:
This sums up 90's mountain biking for me - solid build, fun geometry, bit of bounce... yup, I'd love to spend a few hours in the hills, nipping up and down single track/fire track with this one :D

Me too soon as i have a spare couple of hours :LOL:

A couple more shots of times past, when there was sun, and warmth :cool: P1011235 (Medium).JPG P1011231 (Medium).JPG P1011248 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
Back