1994 Brodie Expresso

Not sure which crankset to use, either M737 for complete groupset or use the Race Face? P1011001 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
Found my RF stem, bit newer than the frame but almost matches the cranks, and using a RF headset too. P1011003 (Medium).JPG Race Face parts.JPG

Last edited:
Hi Mark, good to see it finally get build ;). Take the Race Face - it does suit the Brodie... Btw its birthday (April 18th) is coming up, so keep up!

Cheers, Marco

caemis":20vp1poq said:
Hi Mark, good to see it finally get build ;). Take the Race Face - it does suit the Brodie... Btw its birthday (April 18th) is coming up, so keep up!

Cheers, Marco

Hi Marco

Its good to hear from you, i hope your well :)

I wasnt planning to build it up yet but had a set of xt737 which i was thinking of selling but found the frame while searching for other parts and thought they would be perfect for it.

By the way, what size seatpost for this? is it 26.8? bet it is as i have just got rid of a Raceface one in that size :roll:

Cheers

Mark

Should be a 27.2mm post Mark. Welcome to the club :)

Well, while looking for a shim for one of my USE posts i came across a nice suprise, one of the benefits of getting old i suppose :) a Syncros post, and even better, it was a 27.2 :D

Up until the find i was leaning towards the Race Face parts but this changed the direction slightly. So after much searching i found a top cap and long enough bolt for a Syncros stem i had which made me opt for the XT cranks.

Here is a couple of pics as it is now, will post a few more later, have to do chores now :roll: :LOL:

Mark P1011021 (Medium).JPG P1011024 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
Re:

Looking great, the colour matched forks work really well, and the Syncros parts suit it.

Only point I’d make at this stage is the hang doggy won’t work with suspension forks, but I’ll let you off if it’s just a temporary spacer ;)

Re: Re:

iveto1983":35o0gpa6 said:
Looking great, the colour matched forks work really well, and the Syncros parts suit it.

Only point I’d make at this stage is the hang doggy won’t work with suspension forks, but I’ll let you off if it’s just a temporary spacer ;)

Thaniks, and yes it was originaly put on as a spacer as the top cap is a bit thicker than normal. Just used this as it was out with parts for the Cinder Cone im putting together. Not going to lie though, once it was on i thought it went ok with the parts and even thought about leaving it. :LOL: im sure i would have noticed the flaw sooner or later :facepalm:

Back