1993 Orange Prestige Fluoro

Really cracking on now, headset is in but steerer is just a bit too short in threads/ long as feared. Brakes are now facing the right way to my mind on the Pace forks and chain is on.

I have changed my mind re using the Orange Stalk stem that came with the bike. It's just a bit too short for this setup I think for me. Gianni is shipping me a nice Syncros cattlprod from Italy.

I'll have to wait for the stem and sorting the steerer before I cable up.

As she stands:

The steerer. The top race is screwed down on the threads as far as it'll go.

I could try having more threads cut and trim the steerer but this seems a waste and thread cutting doesn't seem to go well from what I've heard.

I did think about putting a higher slot for the bottom circlip in but don't want to screw it up so will look for a correct sized steerer.

The steerer I have is 1" 213mm long with 38mm thread from the top.

I need a steerer 1" 190mm long with approx 25mm of thread. Can anyone help? Thanks, Tim

Thanks mate, just need to sort a few bits.

Thanks to the good people on here I may be able to sort the steerer issue with a swap that helps us both out. I have a Syncros stem on the way which is silver, not sure it that'll mean a change in seatpost to match.

The Ti bars and a Flite saddle are on there way but I think I may stick with the Turbo Matic for something a little different. Think it looks good. Opinions?

Re:

Well, your Prestige build has been moving along a lot more swiftly than mine has! :facepalm: :LOL:

It's looking good, definately swap out the steerer (thankfully very easy to do with Pace forks).

Turbomatic looks fine to me, if it suits you then stick with it, nice to see something a bit different from the "trad-Orange" build.

Specs changed a bit, now sporting a Flite and thanks to Mat for swapping steerers she now has a nice NOS Syncros cattleprod stem on the front.

Hopefully get around to some more building later.

Thanks guys. Got a silver USE suspension seatpost on the way. Unsure wheather to use that or stick with the black XT. What do you reckon?

Also unsure about brakes. Stick with XTR, go with some Grafton Maglites I have kicking about? I do have some black Maguras from a Saracen Hydro Trekker I'm still rebuilding.

Back