1993 Orange Prestige Candy Pink project with F7 Forks

Re: 1993 Orange Prestige Metallica Magenta project with F7 Forks

Thanks. I tried Fleegles briefly on my Day One SS commuter thought they'd be ace but couldn't get on with them for some reason. Perhaps too wide for that or too odd. Not sure.

Re:

Good stuff :cool: F7’s were an option in 93 so no reason for them not to be classed as standard fit from the options list. ;)

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":v6yzj73k said:
Good stuff :cool: F7’s were an option in 93 so no reason for them not to be classed as standard fit from the options list. ;)
Ah! Oh really, that's cool. I expect they are a bit of an upgrade, stiffer maybe, still light too. Cheers

being a cheapskate, I was just gonna stick black stuff on it, but gold.. oooh! :D

When I was trying to decide on a fork, I went by what was in the 94 brochure. It listed the F7s as a general option, so I reckoned they'd be viable on a Prestige. Sorry I didn't remember when I sold it - my memory is awful!

spatuluk":u8zfaqxz said:
being a cheapskate, I was just gonna stick black stuff on it, but gold.. oooh! :D

When I was trying to decide on a fork, I went by what was in the 94 brochure. It listed the F7s as a general option, so I reckoned they'd be viable on a Prestige. Sorry I didn't remember when I sold it - my memory is awful!
:LOL: Black would tone it down a bit, it's a good idea. Yeah I'm still getting my head around gold, haha, cool though, I was thinking XTR Grey which is where those grey LX hubs might look nice, pity I can't justify crazy XTR as a bit of a cheapskate myself. It's a bit of an accidental/impulse build this so I'm still not sure what's happening build wise, as I'm tempted to do the other one too in a more standard colour. :facepalm: :cool: :LOL: I would like it sympathetically retroish. As you say the forks fit in nicely heres the 1993/4 catalogue. It's a 1993, but also in the daylight I can see the serial number no probs. Cheers
The prestige forks in the catalogue look a bit chrome/polished? Alu ones?

Attachments

• orangestif.jpg
    orangestif.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 99
  • orange cat5.jpg
    orange cat5.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 99
  • orange cat4.jpg
    orange cat4.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 99
  • orange cat3.jpg
    orange cat3.jpg