1993 Orange Prestige Candy Pink project with F7 Forks

reanimation

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Thought I'd add this project starter here along with my chaos of various build options.
I was actually looking for something 1992 or before really but got excited and impulsive!
I was already thinking of doing my other one a factory looking purple powder coat and then this it's a metallic Pinky Purple Magenta? Like a plastic anodised look, usually used on tarty alloy wheels! It was only 15 miles away so went for it, but might well have done if it was getting posted out, maybe. I didn't quite have a plan for it! It won't feel proper retro in this style and the F7 forks are not standard but I quite like it, inbetween a Prestige and P7, so yet again its a 1994 and beyond build, building to ride and not obsess over nostalgia or correctness but will all stay in the 90's just about. i was gonna put my black LX stuff on but now I'm thinking of a mix and try keep the weight low, I have some nice grey LX M570 hubs and Mavic x517 wheels that are NOS so those might be nice, some m737/9 XT mechs and m737 XT Chainset 1x8 or 3x8 and maybe some longer grey flat bars, I've some Scott AT-3 in Grey but I want to go angular like the forks maybe... I did ponder low risers too...
Anyway that's the idea so far.
Heres splatuk's pics hope he doesn't mind. :)

and this is what it was like before the powder coat:

Edit, Sort of Magenta a bit purple but apparently Candy Pink!

Attachments

• Candy Pink.jpg
    Candy Pink.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 262
Re:

I was very tempted by this - I’d go for a sort of retro-mod style - narrow/wide single ring and probably a wide range sunrace cassette ( can get 7/8/9 speed ones with a wider range than you used to be able to find), probably a wide flat bar, and relatively big modern rubber.

And something like Groovy Luv Handles?

Re: Re:

kermitgreenkona88":23zj5ye1 said:
CHEERS! :D

LongboardSi":23zj5ye1 said:
I was very tempted by this - I’d go for a sort of retro-mod style - narrow/wide single ring and probably a wide range sunrace cassette ( can get 7/8/9 speed ones with a wider range than you used to be able to find), probably a wide flat bar, and relatively big modern rubber.

And something like Groovy Luv Handles?

I like your thinking, I was aiming at that previously on a late 90's Specialized. Narrow Wide might be a good idea, or maybe even 2x. If I use the m737 cranks limited to compact 5 bolt. Hmm lots to ponder. Was looking at a 595mm bar but a bit more might be nice. perhaps bar ends too.

reanimation":33tv5y1g said:
I like your thinking, I was aiming at that previously on a late 90's Specialized. Narrow Wide might be a good idea, or maybe even 2x. If I use the m737 cranks limited to compact 5 bolt. Hmm lots to ponder. Was looking at a 595mm bar but a bit more might be nice. perhaps bar ends too.

Bar ends feel wrong once your bar width goes much above about 24" though...

I've got a 2000 M2, built as I described and it's awesome, but it has got 31.8 bars (11 degree salsa moto somethings) and a four arm Ritchey chainset though, so maybe more emphasis on the Mod and less on the retro...

Wolf tooth components and Blackspire do a 5 arm narrow wide ring in 94mm (not cheap though).

Could maybe go with some nice black modern-ish cyclocross cantis, then you still get to use that hanger on the wishbone...

Re: 1993 Orange Prestige Metallica Magenta project with F7 Forks

Yeah. I've only had retro or 700mm plus modern, if I found wide wide bars I'd have to ditch bar ends, got 23" Raceface in stock that were marked for my P7 so that's an option. I'm stuck with 1 inch quill stem too. Don't fancy an adaptor. Hmm
M2 sounds great BTW.
Good to know NW is doable. Gonna look at options. Probably more retro than mod.
Oh and has to be cantilevers on this yeah!
Cheers again.

kermitgreenkona88":wv74eoss said:
I know I am a total cheesemeister but I would have to stick some gold on there :facepalm: :LOL:
Gold! That's something I'd not thought of yet. Hmm.

Re: 1993 Orange Prestige Metallica Magenta project with F7 Forks

reanimation":12cngahv said:
Yeah. I've only had retro or 700mm plus modern, if I found wide wide bars I'd have to ditch bar ends, got 23" Raceface in stock that were marked for my P7 so that's an option. I'm stuck with 1 inch quill stem too. Don't fancy an adaptor. Hmm
Cheers again.

Titec and Specialized have done 640ish 25.4 flat bars, and you can usually track down some slightly dodgy looking Chinese carbon ones in even wider. Think Exotic might do some too, but without much sweep. Titec Flat tracker or specialized Wide-boy would be my suggestion then. Or did they do Fleegles in 25.4?

Back