Re-done 96 Orange P7

costar1984

Dirt Disciple
I bought this a month or so ago, components all present and as new but the frame and fork were quite rusty. It was originally the nickel plate version and I didn’t fancy the hours or sanding and polishing needed to bring it back to a good state. Instead I opted for a powder coat, trying to stick to mid 90’s Orange colour ways. It’s not spot on but it’s not a million miles off. So once I got it back I rebuilt it with the original parts (barring the seatpost) and took it out today for its first ride. All went well and I’m made up with it. Whilst I know many won’t be keen on the colour or the fact that it is no longer nickel, I kinda get that but I like where it’s at. I do fancy making a few changes, nothing drastic, anodised purple bars maybe and daft bits like that. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_1448.jpeg
    IMG_1448.jpeg
    805.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_1444.jpeg
    IMG_1444.jpeg
    684.1 KB · Views: 58
I like the colour, it's powdercoat but it doesn't look anything like simple RAL colour.
How did it get the metallic colour, is it called metallic?

It is a candy purple with a metallic hint to it, a 2 part process. I showed the guy what kinda colour I was after and he said I thought he had something similar and to leave it with him. That was about all the input I had to be honest

I bought this a month or so ago, components all present and as new but the frame and fork were quite rusty. It was originally the nickel plate version and I didn’t fancy the hours or sanding and polishing needed to bring it back to a good state. Instead I opted for a powder coat, trying to stick to mid 90’s Orange colour ways. It’s not spot on but it’s not a million miles off. So once I got it back I rebuilt it with the original parts (barring the seatpost) and took it out today for its first ride. All went well and I’m made up with it. Whilst I know many won’t be keen on the colour or the fact that it is no longer nickel, I kinda get that but I like where it’s at. I do fancy making a few changes, nothing drastic, anodised purple bars maybe and daft bits like that. Any thoughts?
Beautiful bike @rwm1962

Latest posts

Back