1993 Orange Clockwork. *Small Update 8/2/2011*

Brocklanders,

With your knowledge of all things Orange, any recommendations on what I should use in terms of riser-bars and stem to lift my handlebar position up and back... yet still keep faithful to era?

orange

Its lovely. I really lusted after one in the 1990s but as I had a cannondale and I was seduced by aluminum I never got one.

Would love to ride one, one day to see if its worth it

sam

Keep on coming back to this bike and going wow :D .....but PLEASE tell me about the dayglo/fluorescent bars that you never used in the final build....I would love to own a set but what am I looking for exactly ? Who made them ?....have been trawling the 'net and forum for days but can't seem to find them anywhere....any advice greatly appreciated

Re:

This is a blast from the past. Still regret letting this go although the fact still remains that I could build another exactly the same if I decided to.

The bars were Answer Taperlites. They don't turn up all that often but I've seen a few sets on here over the years. They don't seem sell for stupid money either. ;)

The reason I took them off in the end was because it was looking too much like a Marin Palisades with all the grey and neon.

:D Thanks for the info.....a great looking bike and judging by your profile one of many....don't think I'd have let it go tho'....but now I know what I'm looking for and I'll keep my eyes peeled - cheers :D

I seem to remember this bike in the shop as well. Are aire valley cycles still going? I remember going there every few weeks with one of my mates at the time when he was looking to upgrade his muddy fox for a clockwork orange.

Sailingjab1976":2hctn48g said:
I seem to remember this bike in the shop as well. Are aire valley cycles still going? I remember going there every few weeks with one of my mates at the time when he was looking to upgrade his muddy fox for a clockwork orange.

Probably the same one as I've not seen another. Airevalley is still going but has moved twice since then and they seem to be road focused now. Last time I went in they had nothing of interest which is a shame as in the good old days it was about as good a bike shop as you could find imo.

Re:

Gaar, where's it gone? Only the second one I've seen in that colour since I joined retrobike. Too small for me but I'd have bought it for the colour match. :facepalm:

Latest posts

Back