Hubs: Shimano M650 Deore DX
Nipples: Brass
Spokes: DT Double butted
Tyres: F: Panaracer Smoke Dart 2.1 R:panaracer Smoke Classic 2.1
Tubes: Conti Tube MTB

Saddle: Selle Italia Turbo
Seatpost: Kalloy Uno
Seatpost Binder: Generic 3DV Quick Release

Weight: Yes- but not as much as you might think.

hvv5AqHl.jpg

XJAlRhTl.jpg

H5aBvDIl.jpg

Sorry that the photos aren't the best. When the weather improves (and the evenings get lighter) I'll get some better outdoor shots.

Re:

So this was a bit of an accident really.

I've been looking for a British frame to hang a collection of U.S.E./Pace/Middleburn/X-Lite parts off. I've been gathering them together for quite some time, just never found the 'right' frame for them.

A wanted add on here led me to this Clockwork frame. It wasn't really what I'd had in mind, but it did tempt me.

I have had several Orange bikes over the years, a couple of Clockworks and an E4 and they have all really impressed with the way they ride. The Clockwork has always been a favourite of mine- a real giant killer. The E4 was a very different beast- a thoroughbred.

When I was offered this I just couldn't resist so had to have it.

When it arrived, I realised that it took a 1" fork, so that finalised my decision that is wasn't going to be the canvas for my British parts, but the colour was really nice, and I had most of a DX groupset so.....

I've never done the 3DV Purple thing. Honestly; back in the day I was never into the anodised alloy bling. On this occasion, I decided that it might be nice to go that direction and the frame screamed out for a bit of colour to set off the pale grey so there's lots of 3DV highlights. I kinda like it- I think it works well and can now see why everyone was so into it at the time.

I hope you enjoy the pix. I know its not a high end bike and it won't be to everyones taste, but it's great to have a Clocky once more, I've had fun gathering the parts and massaging them back into life and I think it looks cool. :D

Just need to sort a FUBAR front shifter now, but I have the parts, just need to pluck up the courage to take the damn thing apart.

Re:

I like it. :cool: - the grey is understated but looks good. The White turbo works well with the set up too. The only thing I'm not keen on are the white grips.

A long time back, I bought a similar Clockwork frame from brocklanders. The aim was to build a DX set up like yours. Lack of Time and house moves meant I regrettably had to pass it on - but I like the job you've done on this - it looks like the image I had in mind when I was building mine.

Great work. :cool:

boy"O"boy

Re:

Thanks. :D I'm really pleased with it.

The colour is difficult to photograph indoors, but it looks ace & it's so good to have a Clocky in the stable again.

I know where you're coming from about the grips, but my bike OCD means the saddle & grips have to match.

I do have some black Oury's I could try but I know how I'll feel if I did. I suppose an alternative would be some clear grips. :?

Having said that; apart from the fact they will get dirty very quickly, I kind of like them. The white brings out the grey- if that makes sense?

Re: Re:

boy"O"boy":31pccd3t said:
I like it. :cool: - the grey is understated but looks good. The White turbo works well with the set up too. The only thing I'm not keen on are the white grips.

A long time back, I bought a similar Clockwork frame from brocklanders. The aim was to build a DX set up like yours. Lack of Time and house moves meant I regrettably had to pass it on - but I like the job you've done on this - it looks like the image I had in mind when I was building mine.

Great work. :cool:

boy"O"boy

Did you see that our old bike ended up with a re-spray back to orange/white? :cool:

:cool: very nice end result there. Love the colour and choice of DX components. Have to agree with earlier comment though, about the grips, the end is a bit distracting, i would have to change them for something with a thinner profile. But then again its not mine so its irrelevent and wouldnt stop me riding it one bit, nice :cool:

Mark

Re:

Thanks chaps.

I'm not 100% convinced by the grips myself . The more I look at them, the less so :?

I think they definitely need to be white to match the Turbo but not sure that the Oury's 'do' it ???

I just need to find some period style white grips that are a little lower profile.

Any suggestions would be welcomely received. :D

Back