1993 Clockwork

mkone":1udaw6ch said:
Yes, the colour is unusual, did you say its original? Wasnt sure about polishing the levers but youve done a good job and they look better now mounted.

It's refinished (see above) but in a very similar, if not identical, colour.

The anodising on the levers was really badly scratched up, so I had to do something with it. The plan was to rub them down and repaint them, but the first one looked pretty good once cleaned up, so I carried on polishing :D

Thats not an original paint scheme. They do a darker grey on the Clockwork from 92/93, but you rarely see any around now. Still its a very nice choice of colour and looks a pretty close matchup this, in my opinion. LOOKS GREAT!

Re:

I'd certainly not seen one in this colour before, but liked the look of it, so I'm sure you're probably right.

Does look good though. :D

Re: 1993 Clockwork Grey

Following this one - was my paint RAL match..might be a shade light RAL 7035 from memory.
I've only ever seen two in this colour + a Prestige that was tested in MBUK, I tried to replicate these decals.
Many years ago my neighbour's bought their son this bike - he soon got bored, I always liked it's simple no fuss look. He passed it on to a friend and I never got the chance buy. Move on 20+ years and it surfaces on Ebay local still. I win and go to collect knock on door and who answers his mate - with a few stories to tell about the bike..
The other one Clockwork belonged to DJ the guy who worked for Stif Leeds - this was a Stif supplied bike who were well in with Lester and Orange - I wondered if it was a small batch run.
I have done a few powder re-coats an resprays with Bob Jackson - where do I GO WITH MY LATEST QUARRY FIND......... 10th Anniversary? So keep the paint this time :| https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Orange-mount ... true&rt=nc
PS - It's straight and rot free all original - looking for F7's to build

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

I think Bob Jaksons painted them for Orange.
The orange is more day-glo than the traditional paint jobs as I remember.

Re:

A little bit of bling makes the world a better place....

zDV9Lryl.jpg

b8ExCUJl.jpg

wjM93cMl.jpg

Re:

One more small step forwards...

MXZ3H2jl.jpg

The rear tyre is temporary while I wait for a Smoke Classic to arrive.

Still waiting for cranks, a replacement LH shifter pod and some odds & ends.

Re:

Cheers bud.

The photos really don't do it justice. I can't wait for some decent weather (and lighter evenings) so I can get some decent pictures outside - maybe even some sunshine! :D

Re:

Okay. I think I might be compensating for the fact that I never did 'bling' back in the day. If I bought trick bits, they had to be either black or silver. Try understated and definitely NOT purple!

treWbGUl.jpg

fIhpfN2l.jpg

Hopefully this build will get the urge to be tasteless out of my system. :D

DX cranks look sensible though- just need a good polish, along with the front mech (judging by the photo).

FTE0Kknl.jpg

...and maybe some purple chainring bolts. :oops:

Back