1993 and 1994 Yeti ARC Builds

jimi911

BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Here’s a couple ARCs I am working on … similar story with both, but different builds.

The first one started off awesome. I was at a baseball tournament crazy early in the AM and strolling through ebay … within about 40s a ARC pops up and a scorcher of a deal. No cracks, dents, etc. BIN … BIN … BIN!!! No Canadian shipping so it went to my buddy in chicago. It arrived quickly. My buddy opened it up to check it out … cracked headtube and dented . Seller was cool about it, I got a $$ back, but a drag nonetheless.

Off it went to FTW for a new headtube. Frank was in the midst of moving and a huge frame order so it sat there a bit, but he did a flawless job. From there it was off to Ollie at Dark Matter … again … it sat there for a bit. Ollie was busy with show bikes for the Handmade Bike Show.

Round about the same time another ARC appeared on ebay … my fav paint scheme and another scorcher of a deal. The seller said no cracks or dents. A @#$% it … let’s roll the dice. This time it came straight to me and good news, no dents … headtube was cracked to heck though. Ugh. Seller was cool and refunded me a bunch of $$$.

This time I borrowed an idea from a buddy and decided to send the frame to Dekerf in BC for some epoxied titanium rings to be installed on the headtube.

And the original ARC was painted and decaled within a couple weeks. I hadn’t actually held it until almost two years after I bought it.

So now I have two. The one is a garage queen and missing a few bits, the other is a rider …

Re:

Hiya ... nice ARC's ;)
have you got anymore details on the headset rings please. prices and availability.
'cracked headset' ARC owner :facepalm:

Re:

Here's some more pics of my 1994 Yeti. Its a pure rider ... pretty, but not a garage queen. It's been a really great bike so far. Only thing I'd like to change is the stem. I'd be more comfortable with 10 degrees more rise and 10 mm of less length.

Its parked for the winter now. Those Ti rings have held up to a lot of riding over the spring/summer, but I'll give it a break from cold weather riding.

The garage queen 1993 awaits as few parts and a day to build it. Probably take a day to myself, a few beers, and build it up all at once.

Frame: 1994 Yeti ARC (w/Dekerf Ti rings on the headset)

Fork: Manitou 3 (Ti spring rebuild)

Headset: CK
Stem: Ringle
Handlebar: Answer Hyperlite
Grips: Yeti
Barends: None ... yet

Brakes: Avid
Brake Pads: Koolstop
Brake Cables: Shimano
Cantilever cable hangers: Avid/Grafton
Brake Levers: Shimano XTR

Shifters: Shimano XTR
Front Derailleur: Shimano XTR
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XTR
Derailleur Cables: Shimano XTR
Cassette: Shimano XTR
Chain: Shimano
Cranks: Cooks
Crank Bolts: Shimano
Chainrings: Veulta
Chainring bolts: Shimano
Bottom Bracket: Shimano
Pedals: XT 747

Hub Skewers: Ringle
Rims: Mavic 517
Hubs: Shimano XTR
Nipples: DT
Spokes: DT
Tyres: Smoke/Porc
Tubes: MEC

Saddle: Avocet Ti
Seatpost: Syncros
Seatpost Binder: Bolt

Weight: Light

Re: Re:

ti-fat-man":1ao9qug6 said:
Hiya ... nice ARC's ;)
have you got anymore details on the headset rings please. prices and availability.
'cracked headset' ARC owner :facepalm:

I sent it to DeKerf. I think it was about $500cdn to do the fix.

Latest posts

Back