1992 Sbike 728 - FINISHED : pics p.5

I don't see them either. My apologies for that.

My host apparently decided that my domain should be moved to another server. The pictures should magically pop up if you reload the page in a few hours.

First time they let me down in 3 years, so it's not all bad.

One by one, the parts are starting to arrive.

- Magura HS33 Evo II with boosters (silver/white, 2011 model)
- Lezyne bottle cage (I just like the styling and am fairly sure it'll suit the bike)
- Club roost bar brace (I have a blue Club Roost riser bar on the way, and a silver one as well. The silver one is even a NOS part)
- Club Roost transparent grips (NOS)
- 1 1/4" to 1 1/8" adapter
- Cane Creek 1 1/8" nothread headset

The adapter and headset are courtesy of my local dealer, but I might not use them. I'd opt for a Chris King Devolution headset instead, to go with the CK BB and CK hubs I have in mind.

I really should just save up a few grand and then buy everything at once, because otherwise this is going to become a long thread.

Superb, congratulation for your bike, I have a 729 too, presentation comming soon.

Good luck with your project. ;)

In the last 2 weeks I've been getting 3 PMs from people asking if I abandonned the project and would like to sell them the frame. So it's about time I posted an update.

I got sidetracked by the purchase and overhaul of that 503, but now I'm back on track.

- New (2011 model) Tora TK with poplock
- New CK Devolution headset ( 1 1/4 to 1 1/8 inch )
- As-new X-Lite Angelo stem
- NOS Club Roost top cap because I don't like the look of the CK one.
- NOS Club Roost riser bar (the silver one)
- As-new Club Roost riser bar (the blue one)
- New Alexrims DX32 rims

I haven't figured out which handlebar to use. I guess the bike itself will decide that once I start to build it.

The fork will need to be lowered by 50mm, but that won't be as easy as I thought.
I'm therefore thinking about purchasing a second-hand (or NOS) V-brake compatible Reba and turning the 2 of them into a single franken-fork.

I said earlier that I was planning on a full XTR set, but it'll probably be an XT-XTR mix.
The black XT cranks will suit the bike better than the XTR. Also the XT cassette will last a lot longer.

As for the rims, they are indeed wide. 39mm to be precise.
It'll be a tight fit, as the Maguras weren't designed with these rims in mind. I might have to make custom adapters for them.

I probably won't be posting any updates before January, mainly because my next purchase will be a set of CK hubs. Those things don't come cheap :eek:

The frame will also be painted in January ... if I can find a paintshop where they can get the old painted-on decals off without resorting to sandblasting. The frame walls are a bit too thin for that.

Back