1992 Orange Aluminium Elite Neo Retro Rebuild

Re: Re:

Cheshire1980":2d1uj8bf said:
Are you planning to put the original forks back on, or are you thinking more on the lines of Pace forks? :cool:

Bought some pace rx35 which were in need of new elastomers

But I can't undo the damn bolts at the bottom of the stantions for the life of me

ok, i did intend to update this as i went.... but i didnt.

Frame and RC35 MXCD are period but obviously now immacualte!, the rest is new or NOS.

Deore m590 as i did have sort of a budget. EC90/EA90 post, bars & stem. FSA headset.

prob spent around £600 - £700

Bang on 23lbs.

IMG_3750_zps40f19492.jpg

IMG_3752_zpscb2bfa34.jpg

IMG_3751_zps141bc16f.jpg

only problem now is its slight too big for me, so i may end up selling anyway if the right offer comes along ;)

Re:

Very nice work.

Thanks for including the price spent too.

I think we shy away from that a bit sometimes.

Re:

I've just bought myself an Orange elite 1992 frame, 19 inches, so I Really like this particular bike :cool: I noticed you got yours with the original alloy chrome coloured forks, so if you ever decide to sell them, I would be very interested to buy them from you, as you currently have your pace forks on. I have some dark grey orange forks coming my way from a very kind retrobiker in 1 1/8 to go on the elite until I find some elite forks, then the dark grey forks can be used for another Orange project :D

had a couple of reasonable offer, and some silly ones.

im struggling to let go of it though... looks so nice just sat in the kitchen! unfortunately the wife disagrees... a lot!

Back