1992 Mercian King of Mercia

I am not 100% on the build since seeing how nice it now is :)
Certainly wont be cobbled together anymore.
I do have some things I have been squirrelling away for a long while for it so these will go on.
I did also have some things for my other Mercian but I think that will be back in the loft mothballed once again once this King returns home.
Like all my bikes it will always be a rider and so needs to be built to be versatile. Though I may not use it as my gravel bike for a while ;)
Initial thoughts are Stronglight triple chainset,
9 speed Dura Ace downtube shifters
Mafac racer brakes and levers
Nitto stem and B36 rando bars
Honey Brooks saddle
Brown Bar tape
I need to lace my Shimano 600 Ultegra rims to a set of Wolber GT2 Gentleman rims

Just some initial thoughts.

Jamie

Sure is a beaut! I look forward to seeing those wheels though - not a configuration I am familiar with, but you know best!

Seriously though, it'll be a smasher.

Re:

Thanks for the kind words guys. Martin is picking it up today to do the lug lining etc, so getting close to coming home now. :)
Hopefully the wheel combo will suite it, just what I had that thought would suite.
The gentleman who painted it is Dave Colbeck, I will post up his details tonight but I know him from the Carlton group on Facebook amongst others. His work as you can see is top class.

Jamie

Re:

The paint as you see it is very reasonable. The decals were £56 from Mercian the paint as you see it without lug lining is under £200 and that’s with the dents filled. A lot less than the quote from Mercian, but to be fair it was about the paint.
Jamie

Back