1992 Marin "the bastard" Muirwoods

SpinThoseLegs89

Dirt Disciple
Browsing ebay one drunken night, I recieved a offer for this beast, at £50, feeling sorry for the bike I stupidly accepted.

Now I know its the base of the 1992 range,and it seemed intact and fairly original

When it arrived all the spoke nipples where seized and rusted, and the tyres where horribly cracked, and overall had just been neglected

So I have a plan.............

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230218_174219_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20230218_174219_eBay.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Take it down to nothing, it's worth while as the bottom bracket LP26, will be well in and in much need of replacing.
If you swap out the chainset for LX550 etc, you will save 1kg and, have a more responsive bike.
Just a sympathetic tidy else wise.
The bolinas ridge is below it. Still a capable bike in its own right.
Enjoy!

Take it down to nothing, it's worth while as the bottom bracket LP26, will be well in and in much need of replacing.
If you swap out the chainset for LX550 etc, you will save 1kg and, have a more responsive bike.
Just a sympathetic tidy else wise.
The bolinas ridge is below it. Still a capable bike in its own right.
Enjoy!
Thank you they are the next things on my list :)

Slight update,I ended up replacing the wheelset for a set of ritchey wheels on acera x hubs, with specialized ground control tyres, and a new saddle as I could not agree with the SDG fly saddle. It rides surprisingly well with good control and speed

Next thing on the list is diffrent brakes and drive train:)
20230308_165156.jpg

Back