1992 Kona Explosif

I read this very old posting on the Kona explosive 1992, and noticed that your tyres were listed as smoke and dart. Since I have this model and I have this model with its original tyres I knew that this was wrong. The tyres should be equilibrium and propulsion, and you should have a funny joe murry bottle cage that comes with tyre levers and patches. I rode my kona explosive regularly up to only a couple of years ago. The only failure I have had in all that time, is the replacement tyres blowing out. The original tyres did not suit my style of riding and I have them stacked with a pile of other used bike parts. (they are still like new) And the bike look very similar to the one you have, only none of the parts are seized. (OOOPS SORRY)I have re read your original posting and I notice you either have or are looking for the correct tyres. I have only one criticism of this bike and that is the design of the steering head race seals/covers. They keep crud out but then do a magnificent job of holding any water that gets past them, inside the seals.

kona92":3hoxnqcs said:
I read this very old posting on the Kona explosive 1992, and noticed that your tyres were listed as smoke and dart. Since I have this model and I have this model with its original tyres I knew that this was wrong. The tyres should be equilibrium and propulsion, and you should have a funny joe murry bottle cage that comes with tyre levers and patches. I rode my kona explosive regularly up to only a couple of years ago. The only failure I have had in all that time, is the replacement tyres blowing out. The original tyres did not suit my style of riding and I have them stacked with a pile of other used bike parts. (they are still like new) And the bike look very similar to the one you have, only none of the parts are seized. (OOOPS SORRY)I have re read your original posting and I notice you either have or are looking for the correct tyres. I have only one criticism of this bike and that is the design of the steering head race seals/covers. They keep crud out but then do a magnificent job of holding any water that gets past them, inside the seals.

Thanks!

The bike has new tires at the moment: Equilibrium and Propulsion! And a few months ago I found a NOS Joe Murray Combo Cage. It's completely like the specs in the catalog!
Should get some new pics!

Back