1992 Kona Explosif Pro – Finished Page 4

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: 1992 Kona Explosif Pro

Giom6":wi1501i9 said:
mfhxgram":wi1501i9 said:
o-beam has been a real challenge so had to settle fro an XC pro post, got the Joes clips, used but in decent condition, wheel rims. had to go with 165 bars as the ti ones I had were much too short.

may have a spare stem in black if you need it. I got a pair of equilibium and propultion tyres but the seller backed out :cry:

biggest effort was the dog collar!

I think I might have to do that ref the seat post!

Have you got the saddle?

Is the stem a 92 one? I have one but its a lot later?

Luckily this frame came with the dog collar.

Its going to be a mission to find all the stuff. Might just get what I can for now and change stuff around if and when.

I'll send you a PM regarding the stem.

I have a spare minty Suntour seatpost you can have if that's any help with the build. Sadly its not full length, its only a short one...?

Thanks mate, that's very kind of you.

Is it 28.6 or 27.0 mm?

I haven't measured it yet but after a bit of research I think it was 27.0 for the Explosif Pro.

Yup - 27.0 post for '92 Explosif pro. I've measured mine.
I'll be watching this with interest as just starting to same frame and forks. I'll be sticking with original but shabby paint :cool: and it'll be a bitsa at first due to budget :(
But if I like it who knows what the future may bring.......
Enjoy the build.

jonthefish":1t4gko1m said:
Yup - 27.0 post for '92 Explosif pro. I've measured mine.
I'll be watching this with interest as just starting to same frame and forks. I'll be sticking with original but shabby paint :cool: and it'll be a bitsa at first due to budget :(
But if I like it who knows what the future may bring.......
Enjoy the build.

Just what I thought, thanks!

Good luck with the build, it'll be interesting to see how they turn out.

Nothing wrong with shabby paint :)

Re:

Any updates? My bitsa version is done and now covered in mud :D . Looking forward to latest on yours, albeit that I may be jealous. Cheers

Re: Re:

jonthefish":24vjolmw said:
Any updates? My bitsa version is done and now covered in mud :D . Looking forward to latest on yours, albeit that I may be jealous. Cheers

Not really I'm afraid :oops:

Been collecting parts and doing other builds but planning on getting it to the powder coaters pretty soon.

If I get the chance I'll update with part pictures...

Would love to see yours now it's finished

Re:

Yeh - get some pics up, I'll be interested to see the more original parts, let alone the full build.
Mine looks ok (to me at least) at 20 paces but far from standard let alone pristine. First ride (and I'm pretty new to off road bikes) suggests the handling is very precise and it climbs great when the going requires picking an accurate line. Really enjoyed it.
Going down the rough stuff it felt like my eyeballs might fall out :shock: . Yup - my first true non-suspended retro.

Attachments

• P4020002.jpg
    P4020002.jpg
    325.4 KB · Views: 325
  • P4020003.jpg
    P4020003.jpg
    366.5 KB · Views: 325
Re: Re:

mfhxgram":1b1q6j7g said:
are those ti bars? nice built - good location too for the photos :D

Don't want to hijack thread so will be brief.
No ti bars or anything else costly or bling. Kona Race Light bars (old ebay find) and scuffed up Ritchey bar ends. Rest is mix. Ritchey levers, saddle, tyres. Mavic 517s with mis-matched hubs. XT cranks nicked from Mrsthefish's old bike (she hasn't noticed yet). XT rear mech and LX front (needed work but cheap). Deore thumbies. No-name pedals - rebuilt but still crap (no grip). Oh yeh - and frame needed "persuaded" back into shape viewtopic.php?f=1&t=286271.
Cheap build but works remarkably well, pedals excepted. Well happy.
Nought but good locations round here - am lucky.

Back