1992 Kona Explosif Pro – Finished Page 4

Re: 1992 Kona Explosif Pro

al-onestare":19imp885 said:
So, remind me, the only difference of the Pro and the normal Explosif was the colour (black metallic) and the kit - Suntour instead of Shimano. The frame and forks were exactly the same weren't they.

I'm sure you know, your stem is later than 1992 ;-)

As far as I can tell, yep. They also came with that Future Shock fork(?) that was supposed to be a pile of pooh!

Yep, I know the stem is not 1992 but once its all painted up you'll know notice the difference – hopefully :oops:

Nice - and checking the catalogue you could have some ti kit as extra's. Are you going to use Suntour for the cool factor?

Giom6":28gbzdj4 said:
al-onestare":28gbzdj4 said:
So, remind me, the only difference of the Pro and the normal Explosif was the colour (black metallic) and the kit - Suntour instead of Shimano. The frame and forks were exactly the same weren't they.

As far as I can tell, yep. They also came with that Future Shock fork(?) that was supposed to be a pile of pooh!

Yep, I know the stem is not 1992 but once its all painted up you'll know notice the difference – hopefully :oops:

You Are relentless with your builds at the moment Gio. Im stuggling to keep track... :cool:

You will love the ride of the Explosif... :cool:

al-onestare":1yuzdur6 said:
Nice - and checking the catalogue you could have some ti kit as extra's. Are you going to use Suntour for the cool factor?

Yep, going for Suntour as none of my bikes have Suntour so it will be a pleasant change :)

Found a few bits already but I think some of other bits are going to be a bit harder. The o-beam seat post, Joe's clips, Kona titanium handlebar etc.

We'll see...

sinnerman":3tzz6ilb said:
Giom6":3tzz6ilb said:
al-onestare":3tzz6ilb said:

You Are relentless with your builds at the moment Gio. Im stuggling to keep track... :cool:

You will love the ride of the Explosif... :cool:

Thanks mate.

Moved on the Klein so had some free space :oops:

Just waiting on one more to get going on and it should be a good start to 2014 ;) :cool:

Giom6":1uitu1s0 said:
al-onestare":1uitu1s0 said:

Yep, going for Suntour as none of my bikes have Suntour so it will be a pleasant change :)

Found a few bits already but I think some of other bits are going to be a bit harder. The o-beam seat post, Joe's clips, Kona titanium handlebar etc.

We'll see...

Excellent news and good luck!

Giom6":11xcosfz said:
Bryncrug72":11xcosfz said:
To be honest Gio
You continually posting about your projects is really pi**ing me off !
I mean come on .... you own at least half of my imaginary stable and buying another one is not helping !
I'm sure this one will turn out as good as the others ! :LOL:

Sorry :oops:

I was thinking bout not posting this one till it was finished but where's the fun in that :)

Exactly ! well its a good starting point ! :D

o-beam has been a real challenge so had to settle fro an XC pro post, got the Joes clips, used but in decent condition, wheel rims. had to go with 165 bars as the ti ones I had were much too short.

may have a spare stem in black if you need it. I got a pair of equilibium and propultion tyres but the seller backed out :cry:

biggest effort was the dog collar!

mfhxgram":1d36xs03 said:
o-beam has been a real challenge so had to settle fro an XC pro post, got the Joes clips, used but in decent condition, wheel rims. had to go with 165 bars as the ti ones I had were much too short.

may have a spare stem in black if you need it. I got a pair of equilibium and propultion tyres but the seller backed out :cry:

biggest effort was the dog collar!

I think I might have to do that ref the seat post!

Have you got the saddle?

Is the stem a 92 one? I have one but its a lot later?

Luckily this frame came with the dog collar.

Its going to be a mission to find all the stuff. Might just get what I can for now and change stuff around if and when.

I'll send you a PM regarding the stem.

Back