Sold 1992 Kona Explosif(?) f+f 17”

sparkybhp

Senior Retro Guru
Ok, straight out the gate I need to say - this was sold to me as a 92 explosif frame only a few years back. Frame was in white powdercoat when I bought it. I added the splatters and stickers and have built it up in various guises and had fun with it. It’s certainly light enough and frame dimensions and tapers appear right to be an Explosif. It’s too small for me really so has ended up stripped and sat in the loft..
62E64A9E-27FD-47BD-93CF-7EDDD0436016.jpeg AA5B2BC1-64B0-4224-A0D0-2B83A638B40C.jpeg 839A68A7-1AA1-4E95-BEAA-C377F3F15827.jpeg
Comes with dog collar, p2 forks, Ritchey headset. The stem and bars are Marin ones I painted, you’re welcome to them if you want. Forks I painted and stickered too.
Frame is straight, front mech clamp has been over tightened at some point leaving a little crease (pic) and I think the nds bb thread is not perfect, bb goes in ok but I remember having to be a bit careful doing it..
Seems a shame that this is sat doing nothing, I’d like it to go to someone who will use it. Whether you build it as is or strip the finish off and go back to stock.
Happy to take more pics/measurements for potential purchaser but bear with as it’s up in the loft(!).
You can view if you’re local or we can arrange a meet maybe??
£100 posted sound fair?
Thanks.

Definitely a bargain, I was very tempted myself but I still haven't finished my own Explosif so decided against another build!

Ok, straight out the gate I need to say - this was sold to me as a 92 explosif frame only a few years back. Frame was in white powdercoat when I bought it. I added the splatters and stickers and have built it up in various guises and had fun with it. It’s certainly light enough and frame dimensions and tapers appear right to be an Explosif. It’s too small for me really so has ended up stripped and sat in the loft..
View attachment 696677View attachment 696678View attachment 696679
Comes with dog collar, p2 forks, Ritchey headset. The stem and bars are Marin ones I painted, you’re welcome to them if you want. Forks I painted and stickered too.
Frame is straight, front mech clamp has been over tightened at some point leaving a little crease (pic) and I think the nds bb thread is not perfect, bb goes in ok but I remember having to be a bit careful doing it..
Seems a shame that this is sat doing nothing, I’d like it to go to someone who will use it. Whether you build it as is or strip the finish off and go back to stock.
Happy to take more pics/measurements for potential purchaser but bear with as it’s up in the loft(!).
You can view if you’re local or we can arrange a meet maybe??
£100 posted sound fair?
Thanks.
Absolute bargain

Back