1992 GT Zaskar LE - Updated 14/3

jango":37ihdp0q said:
Looking good, just needs some bar-ends now........

Got some black Bontrager stubbies, just didnt get round to slipping them on today :roll:

Mags look way better compared to RST but that Zoom stem is a fugly low-end POS. Perhaps Control Tech or Syncros would look better and you can get them dirt-cheap from eBay. Also get onZa barends for the bike.

Looks fine here's what I would change.

Stem, it just does not go (the champaign colour is wrong and needs something chunkier to go with the frame.)

Headset, looks all mangled up and cheapens the whole affair.

Front canti's look far too vertical to work properly, iirc they should be close to 90deg to the cable when at rest and the ServoWave do the rest. You would need to lengthen pad/block studs though, but they should work much better. (could be wrong, but mine always fork better than this, maybe you have very narrow rims or short studded blocks)

Shorten the cables going to the rear so they look neater and do not rest on the headset/forks

Remove the bolts from the fork brace 'reflector holes'

Add more mud to it and some leaves stuck in the chainstays.

A Baby carrier on the back ;)

much better .

Zoom stems were cheap , BUT if they were good enough for Ned Overend , I am sure they must be fine for most of us . ;)

it doesnt go on the frame though , as it is too thin compared to big tubes . I ll go for an A Tac .

maybe you should have tried to source some proper Mag decals , I think they are a bit big .

and you need to sort front brakes out .

apart from that a great build .

i think you need some period decals on it definately, the 1992 design was one of the coolest designs they did, i havea syncros stem i might be selling btw

Nice paint job on those forks :cool: , what kind of paint did you use ?

I have to agree with some of the above i'm afraid, the Zoom stem is ok but a Syncros or A-tac would be sweet, the stickers on the shocks are too big and draw the eye to them, standard size stickers would look better.

It's nice as it is but a more fitting stem and the 92 spec stickers and that would be just about perfect :cool:

I was in 2 minds about the RS decals. It took me a while to decide to give them a go.....and I may just be taking them off now and asking gil_m to do some correct size repo's.

As for '92 decals, personally I prefer these :LOL: But, I do like blue GT decals, so would doing '92 a decal scheme in blue be too :shock: or would it work ;)

Back