1992 Claud Butler Antaeus 653 Magnum FINISHED

Re: Claud Butler Antaeus 653 - 3 times a lady

The History Man":21xdq19s said:
Persimmons that’s them things in the fridge

Didnt he just lose his job after 'earning' £75,000,000?

Terrible built homes too, have been on their sites listening to the quality manager taking calls from angry home owners

And then theres Radio 4, and BBC Watchdog

My apples have gone wrinkly

Still got apples on the trees. If they were good enough etc etc etc

I stick one in my lunchbox every morning. Often asked about it.

Was there a bike thread here somewhere?

I dunno, I'm just living down to my reputation of post count whore

Anyway, heres a 'before' pic, it was in a very sad state too

file.php

I think I prefer the careworn look. Is it possible to replicate it? Would look nice on that frame.

:p Silly buggers :facepalm:

I turned my attention to the MX100 shocks this morning, I eased off the old scratched up decals with the help of an old hairdryer so as not to damage the anodised finish which is still in really good condition, there’s a few rust spots on the shafts that should be sorted easily enough with a little kitchen foil, but for now the tops of the shocks have some Evaporust to help treat a little surface oxidization. :D

Question; the bottom ring/cup looks like it only has half a running surface, is this correct or am I missing a ring of some sort? I’ve tried out the M-736 headset, and it fits just fine except I can see the balls from underneath, it looks like a Scotsman with a really short kilt! :oops: MX 100.jpeg half cup.jpeg

Last edited:

Theres a plastic spacer/ washer/ o-ring type thing missing that acts as a seal

Qe4W0nd.jpg

Cheers LGF, thought as much. looking at the bits I have with the 2nd hand headset I bought, I do have that seal. so I just need to swap out the crown race that’s on currently on the forks. obvious really, just wasn’t thinking straight this morning (too much beer last night whilst trying to make the village quiz/bingo night bearable)

Ok, best crack on with job of swapping over crown race,
First just a bit of heat to help the old one release it’s strangle hold on the fork tube.

Then ease it off with a Stanley blade, nice and easy with minimal scratches.

Now the forks can spend half an hour in with what’s left of last years pig “Ham Solo” (the kids love naming what they eat!)
This shrinks the tube from 30.06mm down to 29.90

Heat the crown race upside down on a vice open just wide enough for the fork tube.
This enlarged the crown race from 29.82 to 30.04 mm
(measurements as per my reading of my verniers, not necessarily manufactures spec)

Result? Slide the fork tube down into the race whilst it’s still on the vice and Bosch! Easy peasey! :cool: 91AC4CE6-FCCF-40D6-92EE-8B2117840875.jpeg 194E2B12-4763-469F-8786-98B9B6D6594A.jpeg 795E537E-3A96-45B5-A812-913CE746F7E1.jpeg C5FA7E1D-41C4-444A-81EC-D9B0E24BB547.jpeg 44E952AA-A0C1-4C8C-A29A-19375B038852.jpeg A530C562-B7B7-4BEF-97D6-33F060EA2208.jpeg

Last edited:

Job Done!
Lots of heating and cooling where some believe a length of water pipe and a lump hammer suffice.
Not myself you understand, just 'others' ;)

Jamie

Back