1991 rocky mountain cirrus build

Re:

Btw if your looking for a decal set for the cirrus I had mine custom done a perfect set at
Logomotives Group
9th Avenue North, 3801, Lethbridge, AB T1H 6G8
Phone:(403) 381-3211

Re: Re:

bachaus":csnnxt37 said:
I too am doing a retro rebuild of a 91 cirrus was wondering if anyone had any ideas how to get the patina finish after sanding away the clear, decals and pitting.... Its way too shiny....
I have refinished a couple of aluminum frames. What I have done in the past is use a industrial paint stripper then use a Scotch bright type sanding pad (you can get them in many grits). Then I use a aluminum polish like mothers. As far as getting a more used look I would just use it :LOL: after a couple of rides it will get a more natural dull finish. Alternatively you could chemically treat it but I have no idea what affect this would have and if it would damage the aluminum or not. I'm sure a couple of google searches would provide more info. But like I said I would just get some dirt on it.

Lots of work getting done soon. Hoping to get the frame back from welding next Friday. Also lengthening the steering tube on the fork too. A bit of trickery there I took the old fork and cut the steerer in half and cut the steerer on the new one so the combined length will be 205 mm. Then I took a peice of steel pipe and lathed it down so it would fit snugly inside to keep everything straight and strengthen the joint. The whole thing will be welded together and smoothed down making 2 into one :)

Figured I would Type this up and see what you guys think

Frame: Rocky Mountain cirrus 7000 aluminum

Fork: manitou 4

Headset: shimano xt
Stem: syncros cattle prod
Handlebar: syncros
Grips: ritchey
Barends: none

Brakes: dia compe 987
Brake Pads: xt cartridge
Brake Cables: Jagwire
Cantilever cable hangers: don't know yet
Brake Levers: shimano xt

Shifters: shimano xt
Front Derailleur: shimano deore
Rear Derailleur: shimano xt
Derailleur Cables: Jagwire
Cassette: shimano hyper glide
Chain: don't know yet
Cranks: shimano xt
Crank Bolts: bolts
Chainrings: mix
Chainring bolts: bolts
Bottom Bracket: shimano
Pedals: probably just the v sixtys from my mountain bike

Hub Skewers: shimano
Rims: matrix Mtb areo or Ayara rx7 not sure yet
Hubs: shimano lx rear and front or shimano lx and sealed bearing front.
Nipples: nipples
Spokes: dt
Tyres: toga wonder dawg
Tubes: specialized

Saddle: selle Italia turbo
Seatpost: cromo Rocky Mountain
Seatpost Binder: frame

Weight:unknown

Re:

Need help which ones do you guys think I should go with?
Rx7s with shimano rear hub and sealed tec front hub

Or matrix aero Mtb with shimano hubs

Ya wish I could go original but this is the best I can do at the moment I do have an xt 730 front hub I can relace to the matrix rim. The bike originally came with joy tec hubs:( the original wheels, forks, seat post, and cranks were poached from the bike at some point

I'm hunting bike groups kijiji ebay and taking my time for the parts took me forever to find a 30.4 syncros seat post NOS but then again it took me 3 years to find a 18.5 cirrus frame :) so haven't been in much of a hurry
I guess whatever gets you on the path first you can always upgrade as things become available

Back