1991 rocky mountain cirrus build

looking great! but why is the seatpost dropped so low??? like the bike it too big for ya! :LOL:

Thank you :D I'm use to having the seat post low unless I'm doing a long ride, from my background of more technical riding.
I'm thinking it still needs some tan wall tires. I'm having a hard time tracking some down. I had 2 pairs of togia wonder dogs but gave them away with bikes :facepalm:
I have to admit I like the forks on the bike I think they match really well.
It feels like it needs something maybe just the tires.
Let me know if you can see somthing.

Re:

It needs some dirt on it; and perhaps a black rock-ring (bash guard), rather than silver?

Ya - I put a set of nos tan-wall Velociraptors on my Brodie (built a second set of wheels with nos, period correct hubs for the never-to-be-ridden nos tan-walls), and it turns the machine into an entirely different (classier) beast - I like it!.

Except, first wheels I'd ever built. Didn't know about the phenomenon known as 'dishing'. Mixed up all the spokes (diff. in length was minimal, but I did wonder why some looked a tiny bit longer than the other ones ...) and simply built the rear just like I did the front. All was good, until I popped the new wheels into the drop-outs, to find the rear rim and tire sitting about a quarter inch too far to the non-drive side of the frame.

:facepalm:

Got a rainy day project ahead of me now, I surely do.

Hi Chillibiker,
I’m just wondering how the weld that you had done on your Cirrus is holding-up? I have a crack in the exact same spot on my Experience that I need to get fixed ASAP. Any recommendations?
Thanks in advance!
Ps- Any updates on your Cirrus? Pictures?

Back