1991 rocky mountain cirrus build

good start on the parts collection. i'd say yes to the cranks. look very cool and definitely retro in style. perhaps the set without decal. could use it for now and swap out at a later date if something else comes up more appropriate! ;)

Re: Re:

chillibiker":1enbphvr said:
Thought they looked cool I have a couple of sets from my buddy. He knows the guy that made them back in the day. They are cncd from a solid block of aluminum and have a removable spider. I have one set like this with the decals and another that is just plain. They were some of the only cranks back in the day that could hold up on the local free ride trials in chilliwack. My buddy snapped xt 's, race face, and kooka cranks. These were the only ones that would not brake. They were popular with free riding and trials bikes back In the day. They only stopped making them because the interfaces kept changing and it cost too much to keep up.

just sent you a p/m ...

Re:

Here is some info from my buddy I got them from

Terry Henkel started the company, sold it to his buddy. Goes back to 1999 I believe. I still see terry from time to time, comes in the shop still. Based out of the Vancouver area, near the tunnel that goes under the fraser River. I think I was their first sponsored dude. I helped make their trials bash guard and tested pretty much all their stuff. They got out of bike stuff mid 2000s and did more bonz for motorbikes, like bash guards for your handlebar and brake and clutch lever type stuff, and some pegs for motorbikes. Here is a review of them, with some stories attached to each review. Ignore the first one, that is when they were getting out of bike stuff, plus the reviewer is a wanker.

http://www.mtbr.com/cat/drivetrain/cran ... 15crx.aspx

This is all looking rather promising and i can't wait to see it come together as the parts so far are all going to look the business when fitted :cool: ..

Thanks guys I got down to my storage locker and the seat post turns out to be a 30.2 :( so still on the look out for that. I know banshee has one so will have to contact him to work out shipping and all that.

Re:

I too am doing a retro rebuild of a 91 cirrus was wondering if anyone had any ideas how to get the patina finish after sanding away the clear, decals and pitting.... Its way too shiny....

Back