1990 Klein Top Gun Restore **FINISHED**

Very nice work! I don't mind the tires as i know how hard it is to find what you are looking for. Enjoy the ride!

Best

Moritz

mauricer":nzicyqkp said:
Very nice work! I don't mind the tires as i know how hard it is to find what you are looking for. Enjoy the ride!

Best

Moritz

Thanks. These tires work. I won't change them for anything except Specialized. Which probably means I won't be swapping them out since Ground Controls are tough to find. Plus the logos on the Onzas are red, white and blue. ;)

Attachments

• Onzalogo.jpg
    Onzalogo.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 853
Re: Re:

mfh126":5wxs509v said:
Another fine job, Michael!

Thanks Mike. All that is left is the Yeti Ultimate. I should have bought your Ultimate when I had the chance. Even though it wasn't my size. ;)

jmazpiazu":3namk5o8 said:
Missed this one. Really, really nice. Did you already ride it?

I rode it around when I took the pictures. I haven't had much time with work and the holidays. I hope to get it out during Christmas break. I have to say it feels great the short time I rode it though.

Re:

Very nice Top Gun, seems a really inviting ride.
Any interest in some Bullseye Patriot's? :xmas-cool:

Remko":16wlm6u5 said:
Very nice Top Gun, seems a really inviting ride.
Any interest in some Bullseye Patriot's? :xmas-cool:

Thanks!

Actually, I thought about the red and blue component theme. I had blue ano Ringle skewers & seat binder, red Ringle seat post, Chris King head set, etc.

If it were the 1990 me that was still working in the bike shop, that would be the way it would have been built. Our bikes always had trick Grafton, Ringle, Bullseye, IRD, etc bolted on our bikes. But today, I think for this build the Shimano components look better. I tried to get it as close to the catalog spec as possible, while adjusting for personal tastes. I opted for the XT seat post and the black chain rings because I think it looks better that the silver. Black Ringle skewers b/c I have never liked stock XT skewers.

The one thing that bugs me are the tires. I won't be happy until I find some Ground Controls.

Great job on your TG build. I've always liked Kleins, but they are a bit out of my price range. I tend to build my bikes for under $300 as this is what's affordable to me. I know, what a cheap bastard I am. Once again, very nice build. I should put a few of my builds up on the site.

artsyfartsy":35iey3dl said:
Great job on your TG build. I've always liked Kleins, but they are a bit out of my price range. I tend to build my bikes for under $300 as this is what's affordable to me. I know, what a cheap bastard I am. Once again, very nice build. I should put a few of my builds up on the site.

Thanks!

Actually, I picked up my next Klein project frame for about $75 on eBay. So building a Klein for about $300 is doable. I am getting it painted by the same guy who did this frame. I am looking forward to starting on that project...

Back