1990 Alpinestars CroMegaDX - Update 26/5/10 (page3)

looks fantastic Steve, yet another cool alpinestar in your stable :roll: , you must post some daytime photos, then some muddy photos for us all.

well done mate

stubbsy :D

Cheers Stubbsy :)

I'll get some pics of it in the daylight soon (been grotty weather here today :cry: ) and then I'll go bog-riding for ya. ;)

Steve

Best thing about this build Steve, is you've done it your way, with the components that you upgraded with bitd. Although factory correct builds have their place, these are the builds that appeal more to me. Bitd I'd have been over the moon to own that bike and guess I still would be today.

for me the alpine stars colour schemes sum up all i loved about that
time neon-fluro loud graphics
the only ones that came close were raliegh with the dyna-tech multi
coloured schemes or the spatter schemes diomand back and gt had
still not a patch on the colourways on an alpine stars ,combine that with
an elevated frame , so so so cool

nowt like that about today

Well, eventually last Sunday I took the fully completed bike out for a 2hour blast round my local forest (accompanied by Neilll who kindly donated a replacement inner tube 5 mins into the ride :x )

Wolber rims and tyres have been relegated to another bike/build, as I found some factory-correct Araya RX7's recently, all built up nicely around the correct hubs too. The finishing touch has been a mint set of Tioga Farmer John Nephew's which although correct for the showroom, are absolute pants in action - Tyres have definitely improved over the years :LOL: :LOL:

So here she is, all dirty like (pic courtesy of Neilll - thanks ;) )
90CromegaDX_dirty.jpg

She rode faultlessly, and I remebered now why I loved it BITD, perfect riding position for my long legs and arms, soaked up all the bumps, nice smooth steering, fantastic at sprinting/climbing. Felt nicer than the AlMega, and dare I cay a little more compliant than the Klein Attitude, even.... :shock:

Steve

ptr138":db57n0fm said:
Great bike. Lots of parts I'd like to get my hands on

Somehow the flouro is "in" again. :)

Thankyou :D

Unfortunately it's not quite as clean as your '92 CroMega :cool: :cool:

Fluro is a love/hate thing at the moment I think, I was getting all kinds of funny looks on the ride, last Sunday. ;) :LOL: :LOL:

i was out on my 91 cromega the other day and some bloke asked me if it was a girls bike because of the flouro pink :LOL: :LOL:

i love it and all things alpinestar related

glad to see you are having fun on it Steve

love the bike

stubbsy :D

stubbsy":3d24tllt said:
some bloke asked me if it was a girls bike because of the flouro pink :LOL: :LOL:

Classic.... :LOL:

I'm hoping for a similar response when the '90 CroMega LX is built.... ;) :LOL:

Back