1989 Orange Clockwork yellow/white. Update 26/11/2014.

Re:

Small update as the wheels are here so I offered a few parts up to the frame. Must admit I'm not really feeling the build atm. Not really sure why, any suggestions?

As mentioned above, I'm not sure about the Salsa stem on this. It's great but I'm thinking some thing with a bit more rise might be better? Also not sure about the Deore but I think that's more to do with virtually ever retro bike I've been near recently has had Deore or DX on it.
Oh, and don't worry purists, the Splashbacks are too big for the frame so will be going. :facepalm:

Attachments

• WP_20140513_001.jpg
    WP_20140513_001.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 492
  • WP_20140513_002.jpg
    WP_20140513_002.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 492
  • WP_20140513_004.jpg
    WP_20140513_004.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 492
  • WP_20140513_005.jpg
    WP_20140513_005.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 492
Re:

Yes, if the tall splashbacks go then, a stem with more rise will suit you, tioga t-bone or some such in black will help accentuate the lemon 'n' white.
For '89 it's looking good. I can't think of much black and silver components that will set it off, as in '93/94 where you could put LX56x on it to contrast. But well polished deore/DX will suffice.

nice one.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Agreed Marc. I've got a mint silver Deore crankset to go with it or could pinch the all black one from the Prestige?

dnb- Thanks for the heads up but I think I want to stay with black.

Re:

I really like the salsa stem! Less sure about the silver bars. Any other tyres will be an improvement....not being a purist, I just think the amber section on splashbacks looks strangely large. Tyres with a smaller amber section or black walls might look better (imho). Lovely frame anyhow.

Re:

Thanks Raymond. To be honest the bar is just one I have spare and will be replaced. Agreed on the Splashbacks, they're good for everyday use (if they fit!) but don't look right.

Black or silver crankset?

Re: 1989 Orange Clockwork yellow/white. Update page 5.

Edd - it's definitely getting there - you remember Sinnerman had some orange stems done that looked almost wet white (in lacquer) - one of those might crack it?

I seem to be following in your footsteps (again) having just acquired an 89 clocky myself - but mine's like the campag one (but orange / white tho) and by no means a beauty!

Re:

If it were me I'd have silver cranks on it. On the other hand could look good with black cranks and black seatpost. Compromise, silver cranks and black rings? Er...oh....I have no idea.

Re: 1989 Orange Clockwork yellow/white. Update page 5.

Archemist":184ebjfg said:
Edd - it's definitely getting there - you remember Sinnerman had some orange stems done that looked almost wet white (in lacquer) - one of those might crack it?

I seem to be following in your footsteps (again) having just acquired an 89 clocky myself - but mine's like the campag one (but orange / white tho) and by no means a beauty!

Yeah, had thought about taking the Orange stem off the Prestige and getting it repainted but think I probably want a stem with a bit more rise as the front of this is low. :?

Will look out for yours with interest. What are your plans?

Re: Re:

raymondluxuryyacht":o8x08r9v said:
If it were me I'd have silver cranks on it. On the other hand could look good with black cranks and black seatpost. Compromise, silver cranks and black rings? Er...oh....I have no idea.

That makes two of us!! :LOL:

Back