1988 Stumpjumper Epic (former Cindy Whitehead Frame)

Re:

So it's been a wee while since I updated this thread but finally got round to starting to assemble the bike this week. I've decided to just keep the frameset as it is, think it would've been a shame to lose the patina and original decals given it's history. I may get it clear-coated at some point but for now I'm keen to get it built and ridden.

The frameset came with a set of decals (by Gil I think) so have added the missing toptube decal but kept all the others as they are in reasonable condition. Just waiting on some brake levers and a 27.0mm dia. seatpost as the 26.8mm is a little loose for my liking (have tried a 27.0mm I have and it fits much better).

Attachments

• Part assembled.jpg
    Part assembled.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 571
Re: 1989 Stumpjumper Epic (former Cindy Whitehead Frame)

Glad to see your making head way on this project after the break from your last update i was begining to wonder what was happening but yes i'm in full agreement regards keeping the frameset as is especially regarding it's history :cool: so i'm looking forward to seeing this upand running mate ;) .

Re:

Aye just been focused on other things for the past few weeks but once the last couple of bits land I'll get it finished in no time :D

Re: Re:

DynaCol":1b5xloo4 said:
Aye just been focused on other things for the past few weeks but once the last couple of bits land I'll get it finished in no time :D

Fair enough mate as i too have other things getting in the way of my projects but unfortunately lifes ups n downs do tend to interrupt so are going to be waiting long for the remaining parts then and are they 100% what your after ? ..

Re:

Nah shouldn't be waiting too long for the rest of the bits, next couple of weeks and it should be done. I've pretty much got everything I was after but a pair of Ground Control's or Hardpack's would be nice to finish it off but I'll keep an eye out for them, no rush really.

Re:

Research you have done on this bike are impressive and reassembly begins very well , compliments.

Back