Specialized Stumpjumper Epic 1989 carbon - restauration

This link on a 1990 Epic was posted in another thread yesterday by Bosco29, I hadn't even been aware they made such "anonymous" Epics or that early on.

The link is for the year after yours, and no u-brakes but there are plenty of photos which might prove of interest or use to your restoration project.

This link on a 1990 Epic was posted in another thread yesterday by Bosco29, I hadn't even been aware they made such "anonymous" Epics or that early on.

The link is for the year after yours, and no u-brakes but there are plenty of photos which might prove of interest or use to your restoration project.
thanks for sharing! All info is welcome! I can't seem to find much about my model.

thanks for sharing! All info is welcome! I can't seem to find much about my model.
Have you searched the catalogs here? Have you searched eBay using the 'sold items & completed items' tabs? Regarding the XT U-brake, that feature had to be special ordered from Specialized and as such cost more. How much? I don't know. If you find a dealer list in your searching, link it here!

cool! Could it be that you had a choice in the factory assembly at the time? because mine has a mix of deore XT and DX. The wheels have specialized rims but DX hubs.

cool! Could it be that you had a choice in the factory assembly at the time? because mine has a mix of deore XT and DX. The wheels have specialized rims but DX hubs.
Specialized were notorious for building mid-year iterations that didn't match the catalogs put out prior to a given year. This is evident in three early 90's Stumpjumpers that I have, all of which were purchased from the original owners. My 91' Epic has a 1990 build.

Specialized were notorious for building mid-year iterations that didn't match the catalogs put out prior to a given year. This is evident in three early 90's Stumpjumpers that I have, all of which were purchased from the original owners. My 91' Epic has a 1990 build.
Okay! great info! Thank you for sharing.

Back