1988 Bradbury Manitou (finished pics page 12!)

Re: 1988 Bradbury Manitou restoration (reunited 25 years later)

Def. pro skinwalls :) Some Farmer´s, Fat Trax or Ground Control´s would fit this very well.

Friendly greetings
IHateRain

shamobius":2h8id0ex said:
Swapped out tires while bored. Better or worse, too much red? Drunk posting...

Those Panaracer Fires are great riding tires. Not as pretty as skins in a photoshoot, but the addition of more modern tires to a retrobike is probably the best performance upgrade.

Nab some smoke and dart re issues if you want a bit of both worlds.

Kool bike BTW :cool:

I would nominate the Timbuk 2 tires from First Flight Bikes.

The Ground Controls I have look great but I don't think they'll hold up to real riding, I'd hate to have them leave me stranded in the woods! My first tires on the bike were Ritchey Vantages, so I've ordered some Z-Max from First Flight. Looks like a good set of treads...

Re: Smokey Sunday

shamobius":1ntvyfbh said:
Swapped out tires while bored. Better or worse, too much red? Drunk posting...

Yep, too much red on the tires. Not even Sunday's weird lighting could change that red!

In case y'all are wondering, that sky wasn't filtered by a lens. It was a strange orange-smoke colour all day. Love that picture and the bike.

Really, for everyday use those tires are fine because the bike is so cool. BoTM? Change up the tires and it's yours.

Re:

Your bike was so perfect with amber wall tires…
Why those red modern horrible tires… :facepalm: ?

Patience brethren, 'tis but a temporary bout of red eye. The good people have red this thred, I've heard what you sed and to your credit I'm feeling a sense of dred about my choice of tred.

Semi seriously though, those red panaracers were the only other tires I had kicking around, which I believe I bought back in 1998! At any rate, the original Ground Controls aren't up to actual riding sadly, and I am waiting for the new rubbers to arrive. No more heretical red tire postings until then, promise!

Love it!

(will love it even more with the new tan walls, obviously!)

shamobius":3lrs5ptb said:
Patience brethren, 'tis but a temporary bout of red eye. The good people have red this thred, I've heard what you sed and to your credit I'm feeling a sense of dred about my choice of tred!

Is you one of dem lyrical gangsta's ^^^ an urban poet

Cuz weez gonna have to pop you wivv a 9 and put a cap in yoh ass bro if dem "tires" (spelt yankee style) appear again.

Yo bin warned Mofo, now rememba....band aids dont fix bullet ho's, so get dem tire levers out

the UK massif.

and just remember we maybe a small band of brothers but we onced owned yo lot and all dem gun totting homies of yohs south of dah boarder.
Still would, had it not been for that bad ass urban terrorist Washington dude getting his homies all worked up with dem fancy words like No taxation without representation....

One love....except for dem tires (and even the French dude agrees with us on that one :D )

Chamoix

Well shnizzle my dizzle RetroSpud, I think you just dropped the mike... Peace out!

Went on a little ride yesterday with the new treads. So nice to be in the same woods, on the old trails I was riding the Manitou on when I was 18! Bike bliss...

Check out the 'patina' on my SPDs...
Many years of faithful service, many many rock hits!

Back