1988 Bradbury Manitou (finished pics page 12!)

Re: 1988 Bradbury Manitou restoration (reunited 25 years later)

Still buzzing from such a beautiful day, finally got to ride my bike!!! The rear wheel was delivered yesterday, and I had a chance to set up the gears and go for a short ride, spin by the LBS to show it off, and to take a few pics. Is the bike finished, of course not! And likely never will be, as I intend to ride the beasty, not stuff it and mount it. There are a few minor tweaks left to go before I am satisfied with it in the short term. As I was riding today, I couldn't help but compare to my fancy modern full susser, and it felt worlds different, in good and bad ways. The biggest change was getting used to the rigid forks! But I'll save a ride characteristics chat for another day. Sadly, the Specialized Ground Controls that looked so sweet were starting to unravel as I rode, and will only be good for photo shoots. So I will be looking for some modern retro tread soon enough. I've got some Panaracer Fire XC with red sidewalls that I was reluctant to put on the wheels.

Okay so time for some pics:

Re:

That looks spot on buddy :-D

Are you still local to your old trails from bitd?
Would make for a cool revisit :)

Re: Re:

unit3":1fv2tyrp said:
That looks spot on buddy :-D

Are you still local to your old trails from bitd?
Would make for a cool revisit :)
Yeah I've moved back to my hometown and my old trails have been closed to riding, but I'm not against doing a 5:00 am-er just to feel the old flow. Lots of new trails and bike parks have been developed luckily!

Thanks friends for the kind words and interest! Retrobike is a great community to be a part of, not everyone understands the significance of our obsession. It's nice to have a place to share the madness...

She's a beauty allright! I would vote for it in the bike of the month contest.

Thanks syncrosfan, I knew you had my back! ;)

I'd enter the bike in the BOTM for June, but its not quite finished (when is it ever finished), got some decals, etc. coming yet...

Swapped out tires while bored. Better or worse, too much red? Drunk posting...

Back