1988-1989 Rocky Mountain Blizzard Slope/Team - DONE P8

Re: Re:

jimi911":1d05qeml said:
theCyclemedic":1d05qeml said:
Its not you, its the U-Brakes imho. We have all be spoilt by modern brakes and expect so much more from these bits of older tech. I'm building a street trials bike at the moment and have Magura Rimstops, they are good but still not as good as a low end hydraulic disk!

pic here - http://cyclemedic.net/blog/wp-content/u ... 00x400.jpg

To be clear, its the spring loaded dropper/riser I like, how daft! What did you pay, has it got a makers mark?

It feels like the run on you get from bad pads when I ride it ... that no modulation dead feel.

I got the hite rite dropper from a friend. They show up every now and than for $20-$40 on fleabay. There was one for sale on here. A cool part, but not a rare part. It looks nice on this frame :)

Thanks - Found it! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NOS-vintage-K ... SwQTVWCtve

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

theCyclemedic":2ti7ea6e said:
jimi911":2ti7ea6e said:
theCyclemedic":2ti7ea6e said:
Its not you, its the U-Brakes imho. We have all be spoilt by modern brakes and expect so much more from these bits of older tech. I'm building a street trials bike at the moment and have Magura Rimstops, they are good but still not as good as a low end hydraulic disk!

pic here - http://cyclemedic.net/blog/wp-content/u ... 00x400.jpg

To be clear, its the spring loaded dropper/riser I like, how daft! What did you pay, has it got a makers mark?

It feels like the run on you get from bad pads when I ride it ... that no modulation dead feel.

Thats it :)

I got the hite rite dropper from a friend. They show up every now and than for $20-$40 on fleabay. There was one for sale on here. A cool part, but not a rare part. It looks nice on this frame :)

Thanks - Found it! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NOS-vintage-K ... SwQTVWCtve

That's it!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Ok then..... WOW!

Twin 731 u-brakes, hite rite, twin Dynamo lights, m730, well everything I suppose!

Very, very cool :cool:

theCyclemedic":3bj5ho14 said:

I wouldn't go quite that far, as I've got an M733 U-brake on the back of my Brodie, and while certainly no disc ... the thing stops pretty darn well.

Re:

calorrado":1wpynxwb said:
Ok then..... WOW!

Twin 731 u-brakes, hite rite, twin Dynamo lights, m730, well everything I suppose!

Very, very cool :cool:

Sorta has most of the 'bling' you could get in 1988 :LOL:

606":1wpynxwb said:
Very nice.

Thanks!

k-rod":1wpynxwb said:
theCyclemedic":1wpynxwb said:

I wouldn't go quite that far, as I've got an M733 U-brake on the back of my Brodie, and while certainly no disc ... the thing stops pretty darn well.

Its gotta be the pads. Someone suggested I give them a bit of a sand to remove the first layer of pad. I'll try that. If that fails ... Koolstops. This is a rider so it needs to stop :)

k-rod":130tzrhn said:
theCyclemedic":130tzrhn said:

I agree with K-rod.
Just for confirmation, I rode my 88 Blizzard recently and it stops incredibly well. Nasty Worn pads on front and decent Koolstops on the rear. I will change out to new Kool stops front and rear once other issues are remedied.

Back