1988-1989 Rocky Mountain Blizzard Slope/Team - DONE P8

Re:

I'm a big fan of RM and that looks spot on. Look forward to seeing the finished bike with decals on.

Re:

Here's some finished shots and specs.

Really great riding bike apart from the fact that it won't stop. Going to give it another 10-20km before a new set of Koolstops go on it. Those NOS XT pads are a bust so far.

Frame: 1988-89 Rocky Mountain Blizzard "Slope"
- Frame, Fork, and Stem powdercoated by Quy
- Decals by Gil and a big thank you there. He spent some time on these and they look great!

Fork: Tange Prestige with U Brake

Headset: NOS XT730
Stem: Syncros
Handlebar: NOS Tange Prestige
Grips: ODI

Brakes: F&R XT 731 U Brakes with Brodie Braces
Brake Pads: NOS XT
Brake Cables: Shimano
Cantilever cable hangers: Shimano
Brake Levers: NOS XT730

Shifters: Shimano XT730
Front Derailleur: Shimano XT 730
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT 730
Derailleur Cables: Shimano XT
Cassette: Shimano XT 6 Speed
Chain: Shimano
Cranks: XT730 (refurb)
Crank Bolts: Shimano
Chainrings: Shimano BioSpace
Chainring bolts: Shimano
Bottom Bracket: NOS XT730
Pedals: XT730

Hub Skewers: NOS XT730
Rims: NOS Wolber AT18
Hubs: NOS Shimano XT730/2
Nipples: DT
Spokes: DT
Tyres: NOS Ritchey ForceK 1.9
Tubes: MEC

Saddle: NOS Avocet Racing1
Seatpost: NOS Shimano XT 730 with NOS HiteRite
Seatpost Binder: NOS Shimano XT

Looks Amazing!
The decals turned out very nice! I'm curious if the decals have a clear backing to them or are still on white vinyl?

Blizz":2p4rpj6t said:
Looks Amazing!
The decals turned out very nice! I'm curious if the decals have a clear backing to them or are still on white vinyl?

Thanks!

Being powdercoat you cannot clear over the decals (at least with powder coat clear).

The key decals are white and black with only the grey printed to they should be reasonably durable.

Si_33":1jbxjc16 said:
Stunning! Great job :)

Thanks!

theCyclemedic":1jbxjc16 said:
Love that seat post, I want one! [where did you get it?]

That one I sourced locally from a shop. It was hiding in there basement ;)

I recently found out that one of the big suppliers in Canada still has huge stock in them. I am going to order some more for future builds.

On another note - is there anything that can be done to these brake pads to get them to bite hard? They were right out of the package and didn't seem hardened. The rims are NOS as well. I have no luck with U brakes ... none.

Its not you, its the U-Brakes imho. We have all be spoilt by modern brakes and expect so much more from these bits of older tech. I'm building a street trials bike at the moment and have Magura Rimstops, they are good but still not as good as a low end hydraulic disk!

pic here - http://cyclemedic.net/blog/wp-content/u ... 00x400.jpg

To be clear, its the spring loaded dropper/riser I like, how daft! What did you pay, has it got a makers mark?

Re:

theCyclemedic":maunny22 said:
Its not you, its the U-Brakes imho. We have all be spoilt by modern brakes and expect so much more from these bits of older tech. I'm building a street trials bike at the moment and have Magura Rimstops, they are good but still not as good as a low end hydraulic disk!

pic here - http://cyclemedic.net/blog/wp-content/u ... 00x400.jpg

To be clear, its the spring loaded dropper/riser I like, how daft! What did you pay, has it got a makers mark?

It feels like the run on you get from bad pads when I ride it ... that no modulation dead feel.

I got the hite rite dropper from a friend. They show up every now and than for $20-$40 on fleabay. There was one for sale on here. A cool part, but not a rare part. It looks nice on this frame :)

Back