1978 Holdsworth Professional

RabC":3h96apjb said:
Very nice build, looking forward to seeing it finished

Cheers Rab

So was going to fit the brake levers but it seems the lever clamp is a fraction to small for the bars :? Does anyone know if the clamps came in different sizes ?

kingbling":3o2y7zxs said:
RabC":3o2y7zxs said:

Cheers Rab

So was going to fit the brake levers but it seems the lever clamp is a fraction to small for the bars :? Does anyone know if the clamps came in different sizes ?

I had the same problem a couple of years ago, the simple answers is yes there are different sizes, I can't remember my exact problem(been to sleep since then) maybe 600 arabesque onto modern bars or 600 on to my 81 PKN Peugeot which was equiped with Mafac, I'll have a think on it.

kingbling":24m9cx7o said:
RabC":24m9cx7o said:

Cheers Rab

Well yes they do. Recently acquired NOS Weinmann levers for my BSA Prima are clearly marked 22 - 24 on the clamp. Lucky then that the bars are 22!

EDIT: You might try removing the clamps from the levers, sliding the clamps on - you can probably use a bit more force than if the levers are still attached - and then re-attaching the levers. I have done this on a couple of occasions when facing a similar problem, but I guess it only works if the clamp really is only a fraction smaller...

Thanks Guys :D

Thats was the problem swapped over clamps from another set of levers and all's good will upload some photos later.

PHOTOS.

Really do need to get some better glasses to improve the detailing or get an ultrasonic cleaner :facepalm: :roll:

Attachments

• Holdsworth finished.jpg
    Holdsworth finished.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 634
  • Cinelli bars and stem.jpg
    Cinelli bars and stem.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 634
  • 1978 record front.jpg
    1978 record front.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 634
  • 78 RM.jpg
    78 RM.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 634
  • machined cranks.jpg
    machined cranks.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 634
  • 78 Shifters.jpg
    78 Shifters.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 632
  • FBrake.jpg
    FBrake.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 632
  • RBrake.jpg
    RBrake.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 633
Looking great Clive.... nice work

And yes these smart phones seem to capture bloody everything don’t they?

Back