1978 Holdsworth Professional

Been getting a bit more done on the Holdsworth :D

Picked up some parts from forum member dan73uk from the post office this morning so I now have a Regina Record chain and another pat 78 rear mech but this one comes with the adjuster screw safety covers which first arrived in 1978.

Attachments

• Holdswort pro 1978 stage 2.jpg
    Holdswort pro 1978 stage 2.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 827
  • regina record.jpg
    regina record.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 827
  • 1978 rear mech with adjuster covers.jpg
    1978 rear mech with adjuster covers.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 827
Nice, a little civilised relief from MM prep?

So I need to swap over a few parts probably make the best rear mech out of the 2. Also in Dan's parcel was a set of chainrings super record outer not sure of the inner. Also got a new set of brake lever blades as the others are pretty scratched up from road rash.

I've also been saving a few bits I got from 132 Lower Richmond Road Putney the shop sticker and these parts.

Trouble for me is the red cable doesn't suit the build I have black and white but really would like blue but maybe should go black :?:

The chain is too short and now I have the Regina its redundant from the build as for the shiny tape thats definitely going on :D
The Bars are criterium versions but may see it I can find some road versions.

Attachments

• some parts from Dan.jpg
    some parts from Dan.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 821
  • shop spares.jpg
    shop spares.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 821
  • Cineili bars .jpg
    Cineili bars .jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 821
That is looking great. I love the sticker touch. I got my hands on three of them from the shop and have used all three on my bikes!

kingbling":3hh9ag06 said:
Trouble for me is the red cable doesn't suit the build I have black and white but really would like blue but maybe should go black :?:

Don't comprimise at this stage, you know it has to be "kingfisher orange & blue" it's the law! :cool:

Attachments

• Claud Butler Cavalier 1977 (9).jpeg
    Claud Butler Cavalier 1977 (9).jpeg
    138 KB · Views: 764
Thanks Guys I think your right its got to be blue. ;)
Came back from Mayhem and had a little packet waiting for me containing some campag toeclip bolts which means I got round to assembling the pedals.

Just waiting for cable and hoods now and I can button it up. :D

Attachments

• Holdsworth Record Pedals.jpg
    Holdsworth Record Pedals.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 706
Back