1969 Pat Hanlon Criterium

Re:

In order to post pictures on this site you will need to upload them to a photo hosting site; photobucket, flickr or something like that and then provide a link to them. There’s probably a better explanation of how to do this somewhere else on the site.

You could either post pictures in a separate thread in this section, or perhaps given that you are looking to sell the bike, post in the ‘EBay and Market Watch’ section. Or even decide on what you want for it and put it up for sale in the classifieds here.

There is some useful information regarding Pat Hanlon on the Classic Lightweights website, both a history of the ‘marque’ and some examples of readers’ bikes. Good luck with the sale, I’ll look out for it.

Re:

First, re photo posting. If you select the icon at the lower right hand side of your pic om flickr: More ways to share. Then click on 'Grab HTML/BB Code' copy that link and paste onto the forum page and you picture should appear as if by magic. Give it a go.

Re the bike. This does look to be a nice bike. PH were a low volume manufacturer, well not even that really more a small bike shop. While some of the frames would have been standard designs they would have been built up to customers' requirements so there isn't a standard build as such, and even the design of the frame may vary as many of these would have been bespoke. There is a copy of a 1967 PH catalogue on Classic Lightweights (link: http://www.classiclightweights.co.uk/ca ... logue.html ) which may help with identification. One of your pics looks as if it has an Allen screw seat clamp that suggests that it might be their Giro model but you will need to check the other fittings, the shape of the lugs (the bits that connect the tubes) and so on.

I don't know what it will be worth as a bike, a couple of hundred quid I guess, maybe more. The costs that things achieve on EBay are notoriously variable. It is a sad fact that most bikes will be worth more broken down into their component parts than built up. Some of the components are quite nice. The bars and stem are Cinelli - good quality and sought after; the wheels appear to be Campagolo Nuovo Tipo hubs with Weinmann concave rims - not top of the range but not bad; the derailleurs appear to be Campagnolo 980 - this was their entry level set; the chainset seems to be SR. From the pics everything appears to be in pretty good condition. You can find out more about vintage components on Velobase.com.

The bike looks to be a little younger than mine 1970s or early '80s I guess. As you say, it's a shame that it has been refinished. But if I were you I would keep it! It's a nice bike and you have a great opportunity to get into vintage cycling or Retrobiking - call it what you will!

Re: Pat Hanlon

Thankyou so much for your info, I'd love to get into it (if only I had the time) 3 year old and both his mum n I are full time paramedics (maybe some day) ill pop it on EBay n look into linking it in with Retro bike in order to get the purchaser the bike deserves.
Thanks again for your time and advice.

Re:

I understand! Make sure you put a realistic reserve on if it is to go on EBay; it would be heartbreaking if it went for a tenner! Good luck with the sale.

Ok here goes
<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/123940351@N08/14177113066/player/3474427e8c" height="374" width="500" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/123940351@N08/14200253665/player/6102324066" height="374" width="500" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/123940351@N08/14196986811/player/b4e98f9854" height="374" width="500" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

Photo upload test.

Re:

You see! I told you it was a nice bike. If you intend to put in on EBay I suggest that you open a new thread on the Road Bike EBay and Marketplace Watch section; post some pictures on there with a link to your EBay sale.

By the way, if you can somehow prove that the wheels were built by Pat Hanlon herself, that would add to the value as wheel building was her forte.

Back