1959 Frederick Pratt - Long term Resto

Just caught up with this thread. Well, rather a couple of years late in this world than a couple of years early in the next..........

I hadn't realised that the 'Frederick' brand was Frederick Pratt. The only time I can recollect seeing the 'Frederick' branding was in a photo on the front cover of 'Sporting Cyclist' magazine in the 60's of the (then) wonder boy Peter Head, who went on to be a continental pro for a couple of seasons.

Old Ned":3vipiy6o said:
Just caught up with this thread. Well, rather a couple of years late in this world than a couple of years early in the next..........

I hadn't realised that the 'Frederick' brand was Frederick Pratt. The only time I can recollect seeing the 'Frederick' branding was in a photo on the front cover of 'Sporting Cyclist' magazine in the 60's of the (then) wonder boy Peter Head, who went on to be a continental pro for a couple of seasons.

And here's the photo from the cover of June '66 SC -

Immaculate machine with quite a long wheelbase but quite typical for the era. I wonder what the colour scheme was? Looks intriguing.

Attachments

• Peter Head June 66 SC.A.jpg
    Peter Head June 66 SC.A.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 193
Nothing major other than refining the choice of components a tad... I've got a NOS Campag gran sport seat post going on with a Cyclo saddle support, Accles & Pollock stem and a CLB front brake- currently modin' some magura brake pads to fit. Modern rims = modern pads! Also picked up some earlier 49d cranks, NOS Renold chain & Villiers sprocket.

The still to do jobs are, paint & get the wheels built...

46863538985_a6f4e4d2e5_b.jpg

46863537945_1738f64100_b.jpg

47779905621_4192c1f551_b.jpg

32836564027_6cf92e48fe_b.jpg

Are there any pics of the finished bike?

Back