Anybody seen/know Stocko?

tonyf39":3cv0l5p3 said:
John":3cv0l5p3 said:
Will give Stocko a 2 week ban, this has gone on much too long.

If after 2 weeks he has sorted everybody out thats fine. If not ban will become permenant.
So waiting 6 weeks before sending stuff out gets you a 2 week ban, that seems fair :?

I enjoy having my judgement questioned.

What would you suggest? Shall I drive round there on your behalf and collect whatever part it is you're waiting for? Maybe I could place him under some sort of 'retrobike arrest'.

John":2rpmu8yn said:
tonyf39":2rpmu8yn said:
John":2rpmu8yn said:

If after 2 weeks he has sorted everybody out thats fine. If not ban will become permenant.
So waiting 6 weeks before sending stuff out gets you a 2 week ban, that seems fair :?

What would you suggest? Shall I drive round there on your behalf and collect whatever part it is you're waiting for? Maybe I could place him under some sort of 'retrobike arrest'.

No-one is asking you to drive round personally but the length of ban compared to the length of time some have had to wait for items purchased (& in some cases still not received) seems inordinately unbalanced.
I am not questioning your authority, however I feel I am making a valid point in the interests of other forum members, is that not the point of a forum to be able to air an opinion?

tonyf39":2hf8t7wy said:
John":2hf8t7wy said:
tonyf39":2hf8t7wy said:
John":2hf8t7wy said:

No-one is asking you to drive round personally but the length of ban compared to the length of time some have had to wait for items purchased (& in some cases still not received) seems inordinately unbalanced.
I am not questioning your authority, however I feel I am making a valid point in the interests of other forum members, is that not the point of a forum to be able to air an opinion?

Of course you are entitled to your opinion. However this is how we have dealt with such issues in the past. Generally the user will either
a)not send the items and be excluded permenantly
b)send the items, relaise the error of their ways and become a worhwhile member of the site

As ever it's about striking a balance and being consistent...

Got to say that I agree with John on this. If the peson in question was just banned then what incentive is there for them to come good with the goods?
I'm in the same boat as you guys, but not with Stocko, so I know how bloody frustrating it is :evil:

I'm more for a 'brown trader' status until they've proved their worth again :LOL:

makster":yut16auq said:
Got to say that I agree with John on this. If the peson in question was just banned then what incentive is there for them to come good with the goods?
I'm in the same boat as you guys, but not with Stocko, so I know how bloody frustrating it is :evil:

I'm more for a 'brown trader' status until they've proved their worth again :LOL:

makster is right, though I understand Tonyf39's frustration, I would imagine moderating this forum is a pain in the arse and sticking to a consistent set of rules is the only way forward.

With over 10000 members there are bound to be some less than upstandng members of the comunity, I've learnt my lesson - don't hand over vast sums of money as 'gift' to people you've never met or had dealings with before - simple.

The brown trader idea sounds like a good one - but then someones got to administer it, then deal wih appeals/disagreements etc etc etc - soon stops being fun and we may as well all hang out on eGay........which isn't really the point of this site - should just be decent people with a common interest (obsession).

Well, I got an actual message this evening saying "Sorry for delay, I'm refunding your money" :eek: on a Paypal refund email which is pending anyhow so I actually haven't received the money as yet.
This was only after having received my letter threatening to inform the police of his malpractices :twisted:

I still haven't got my frame off stocko yet - anyone else still waiting for stuff?

Can't understand his mentality - just a e-mail to say when he would be sending it would be enough - but you don't get anything.

Will ask again - does anyone have a phone number for him?

I can`t believe this guy is still messing people about like this !!! What is he playing at ?? He obviously has no conscience.

Hope it happens to him very shortly in some shape or form :twisted: Then he`ll know exactly how people feel about his behaviour.

I`m a firm believer in the old proverb "you reap what you sow".

Frame turned up today. :D With a Karma surprise :D

Thanks Stocko - bit of advice - talk to people - it makes it all go easier.

I think that ends it.

Back