Anyone heard of Pacific Cycles???

legrandefromage":1lsbzfuf said:
no-one intrigued by the black & silver DX rear mech?
It's not DX - bike on this picture is equiped with full Altus A-10 / A-20 groupset
It's cheapest fully-suspending model in 93 hierarchy

Heres one

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

Had it a few years, bought off a guy in Wales who had bought it for his mum but she never used it. Frame always a bit small for me so never really rode it too much.Just got it ready for my daughter. Apart from bars saddle and pedals its original. I must say that the LX group set of this vintage is bloody brilliant[/img]

That frame is similar to my old bike (super XT), the decals look the same style aswell.
Hopefully now you have posted this pic, more people will remember these bikes!!!

I had a Super XT too....bought in 1990/91 (cant remember!) from a shop in Sheffield (Langsett Cycles??).It was black with silver fade and yellow decals....cost a bomb (about £600) and was gorgeous. I owned it for 3 days before it was nicked out of the boot of my Sierra (!) whilst visiting my girlfriend in Manchester....didn't buy another mtb for 2 years as I'd run out of money (it wasn't insured) :eek:(

I had a Pacific 7 Comp in about 91, my very first Mountain bike, much better spec than equaly priced main stream bikes. Alloy frame and painted black, sorry no pics, didn't keep it too long as soon after bought an Al-Mega which i still have today.

Quoted from WIKI:
Pacific Cycle sells more bicycles than any other company in North America and is one of the most prolific bicycle suppliers in the world.

My younger brother bought a rigid Pacific mtn. bike way back in the early 90's from Toys-R-Us for $200. Pretty good quality for the price at the time.

Back