Kona explosif 1996

Just got back from a business trip and it's here! now, which forks? I think some nice tidy Project Two's, are Pace rigids easy to get hold of?

Either or really... although that said, I like P2's best when they're color matched to the frame, so personally I'd go for Pace's - disk only too!

adamgent":39j6qd05 said:
Mmmmm, Explosif.....

I'd be tempted to go for canti as well!

Thats a really nice frame. I never had a '96 but I think it has go double ovalised top and down tube like the '97 - pure steel gorgeousness.

Gold for gold and do what you want with it old chap.

It's not the ovalised tubes like the 96, it has a fluted downtube just like this HOT
hotdown.jpg

I think this would have been pre 96 for an explosif??? Anyone know anymore?

Hmmmmmm........Explosif........
Definatley go with rigid as a stick forks and 2.3 front tyre.
As youve got disk mounts you might as well use them.

bobbydavro":3bocphy0 said:
adamgent":3bocphy0 said:
Mmmmm, Explosif.....

I'd be tempted to go for canti as well!

Thats a really nice frame. I never had a '96 but I think it has go double ovalised top and down tube like the '97 - pure steel gorgeousness.

Gold for gold and do what you want with it old chap.

It's not the ovalised tubes like the 96, it has a fluted downtube just like this HOT
hotdown.jpg

I think this would have been pre 96 for an explosif??? Anyone know anymore?

Stewart and I have debated over the year of that Hot. The 1995 Hot definitley had the ribbed downtube as did the 1993 Explosif. V Nice :cool:

there is a tiny little ding in the L/H chainstay, should this need any attention being steel? I was going to get it resprayed at the end of the year anyway.....

Latest posts

Back