Road Riders

I'm sure there is another Orcadian on here but I know of no Shetlanders. Now there is a place to cycle, killer hills and gale force winds. I rode a bike from the south of the mainland to Lerwick once by leapfrogging between bus stops the only shelter available. I was so knackered by shelter 4 I collapsed in the shelter for half an hour :shock:

What part of Orkney are you from, my family has friends who come from the main island close to that wee island you can reach by causeway at lowtide.

Edinburgh to St Andrews Run: I hope to do it this year, but can only plan it nearer the time dependent on how recently I've been down last- it costs about £170 to do a round trip from Orkney with the car, so it's a powerful incentive to try and fit other things in.

My research tells me that it is on the 19th June 2010, and you usually register (for free before June) by contacting Ros Kerry, LEPRA, The Beehive, Dolphinton nr. West Linton EH46 7HH, 01968 682369. Transport back from St Andrews for bike and rider is about £13, buy tickets on the day.

Where in Orkney I'm from: Kirkwall, ancient capital of Pangea. Great place, but we are still in mourning for our beloved Woolworths.
PM about your family's pals and I'll see if I know them.

Might join you guys in a spot of roadie action. Got sick of mud so bought a just bike to get some winter miles in.

Attachments

• !BfBznFwBmk~$(KGrHqUH-C0Erf(7o2TVBK+vGy6UQQ~~_3.jpg
    !BfBznFwBmk~$(KGrHqUH-C0Erf(7o2TVBK+vGy6UQQ~~_3.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 451
I had a Klein Attitude for a week last year but it was horrible to ride and got the chop. I hope this one is better. Going to slap some cross tyres on it as I'm doing the 26 miler around Keilder Res'r on Saturday night with the local lads. Thinking that turning up on a road machine will completely freak them out having already riden singlespeed and retro with them- both alien concepts to them :LOL:

one thing- I ain't wearing no Lycra skinsuit!

Always know you were a crosser! Nice bike and cool idea cx the paths are perfect for that, well at least the first section me and eck did.

Any more pics?

clockworkgazz":3n0646vu said:
Always know you were a crosser! Nice bike and cool idea cx the paths are perfect for that, well at least the first section me and eck did.

Any more pics?

I have but they are on the 'putor at work. Will dig some out.
Need to sell my commuter Cannondale now I've got a proper roadie. If anyone fancies a very nice black dale frame and fork for 80 quid........

here yer go Gazz...

Attachments

• !BfBzvi!!2k~$(KGrHqYH-D4ErgmHTzgzBK+vHKNT8g~~_3.jpg
    !BfBzvi!!2k~$(KGrHqYH-D4ErgmHTzgzBK+vHKNT8g~~_3.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 342
  • !BfBzcpQ!mk~$(KGrHqYH-DIErncNhOGMBK+vGWMiNw~~_3.jpg
    !BfBzcpQ!mk~$(KGrHqYH-DIErncNhOGMBK+vGWMiNw~~_3.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 342
  • !BfBzZRw!Wk~$(KGrHqUH-EEErf+3cGqTBK+vGNhHhw~~_3.jpg
    !BfBzZRw!Wk~$(KGrHqUH-EEErf+3cGqTBK+vGNhHhw~~_3.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 342
zut alors, that should be as light as **** and stiff as........well we'll no go there. Lets just say it will be pink and purple and stiff :twisted: Hang on to your fillings :D

Back